“A quaint bistro with good food”

Rendez Vous Bakery & Cuisine
Ranked #43 of 139 Restaurants in Aventura
Reviewed 19 January 2018

My husband and I stopped in for lunch on a recent Saturday afternoon. We're not familiar with Aventura and were looking for a non-chain, mom-and-pop restaurant. The food here was very good. I had a smoked salmon sandwich on a fresh, crusty baguette and my husband had a French dip sandwich on the same bread. No complaints at all about the food. The service was questionable. Our waitress seemed a bit clueless. We had a very long wait for drinks and bread was brought to the table only after the owner or manager asked us if we were being waited on and spoke with the waitress. She didn't bring any au jus with the French dip and we had a bit of a challenge explaining to her what should come with the sandwich. She finally got another waitress to come over and after we told her what was missing, she told our waitress to go and get it. It's not a huge menu and I was surprised that the wait staff wouldn't know what is served with what. Still, if I ever get back to Aventura (which I doubt because the traffic there is a nightmare), I would stop in the Rendez Vous again.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I can't believe I live right next to this place and never heard of it before. We went for late breakfast by mistake..because we were planning on going to the burger place next door. We decided to give it a try. Boy we were so glad. I had one of the most delicious Chicken Florentine crepes I ever had in my life. It was just delicious. The café with milk was also delicious.
The staff was extremely friendly and attentive.
They not only have hot plates but delicious pastries as well.
We will definitely come back and try something else. :-)

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Thank you Groupon for this great find here in Aventura. We had the restaurant to ourselves. We had the house Chardonnay from Spain. It was very very good. Great baguettes. Delicious onion soup, beef bourguignon & veal stew. Creme brûlée & triple chocolate mousse for desert. The service was super.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Came today after maybe 1 year and what a pleasant surprise... they remodeled the inside of the restaurant and it is much better... simple and good! Service as usual in North Miami average.... Jimmy the owner did take good care of us and recommended some good things... we came for brunch and had very good croissants, crispy, fresh and great flavor!!! Next time will have the pain au Chocolat... looked delicious.... my son had a burger which we were both impressed, the meat was home grounded and cook temp perfect! Thick and juicy! Congrats!! I had a vegetable omelette that was very good and tasty... fresh ingredients used for sure! My wife had the spinach and cheese quiche and it was very good... maybe missing some crispiness but Jimmy told us that it is on purposely so the "hojaldre" or filo would not crack... had fresh fruit ice tea that was very good! My son then had the Nutella crepe that was quite good and tasty...
The place does need to remodel the terrace as it does look dated and again Jimmy told us that is in the immediate future drawing board....
The place is clean and the street mall where it is located has plenty of parking spaces....
All in all a great experience... will come back soon!!!
Enjoy

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Le Rendez Vous Bakery is a real find. Tucked away in a typical Florida strip mall, it is a true gem serving delicious food, excellent pastries, and spectacular baguettes.
Our most recent trip was for a Saturday lunch. My partner had the Salade Nicoise, which he told me was wonderful, while I enjoyed an excellent egg white omelet with swiss cheese, mushrooms, and grilled onions. If the French don't make a great omelet, who does? And great it was. There are many other offerings for lunch so I think you can find something to enjoy. They're open for dinner as well, and have indoor and outdoor seating.