“Not Impressed”
Review of Acworth Fish Camp

Acworth Fish Camp
Ranked #84 of 126 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone: 770-917-8806/Just opened last month, is a really good place to eat lakeside on Lake Acworth.
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Acworth Fish Camp about 3 weeks ago. The food was good however I asked for a wine that was on the menu "Kendall Jackson" and was told by the owner that they don't carry cheap wine. He stated he carries Yellow Tail and Beringer. So he is obviously not very knowledgeable about wine. He also stated that the menu hasn't been updated since the previous owner. I also asked for a chicken philly, again they did not have it. We decided to stop by there for a drink the next week. After receiving our drinks we were not very happy. They tasted like cheap liquor. After walking to the bar I realize they have a small supply of liquor and it's all cheap. I dot. Suggest ever stopping here for a drink unless you want a beer. The bathrooms are disgusting and the inside smells like old wet carpet. Also after reading extremely rude comments he has left to reviews. I'll never go to this establishment again. We have always gone to Sunset Grille on the lake. They are a far better choice over Acworth Fish Camp.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

First time visiting this restaurant. My neighbors were going and invited us. Very nice outdoor patio. Found it strange wet could not enter from the front door and had to go around on the left side taking us outside. Nice view of the lake.
Of course, I checked out the menu online before we arrived. My heart was set on one dozen raw oysters. We ordered the nachos appetizer which was very good. But then 10 minutes after that we learn they were out of oysters. They have three options on their menu for raw oysters. They had no oysters. The waitress said that they had fried oysters. I don't eat anything fried so that was not an option for me. I was not happy. I will try to go back to this place again, but I will definitely call before we go to make sure that they have what they list on their menu.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I have been to this marina food business 2x before, last owner was better food choices, then the ones before, prices are still high for little amount and alcohol drinks are high also, wait time is long. I guess you pay for the lake view, we also over heard a patron make this comment also. It has changed ownership again. Sad to say it needs another. Then again you might be too tired from a day of sun fun, and hungry, EAT and you be the judge.
We will drive 3 plus miles next time or just order a pizza brought to us.

1  Thank connie h
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Service is horriable. Wait time is expected on a busy weekend, but what we experienced was ridiculous. Almost an hour wait, then waiting for our food for over an hour(after ordering), they come back and say they are out of various foods. What we did get was soggy fish dripping with grease that tasted like the grease had not been changed in months. Tea was soured, coleslaw had turned and tasted of vinegar. Ask for ranch dressing and tastes like mayo. Then the waitress said she couldn't make change and wanted to keep the extra money for a tip. That's not even the highlight of the evening. Contacting the owner to express our displeasure, he was rude, arrogant and insulting. Blaming the customers and bragging, about how packed the place was. Was told to go to McDonalds next time. How this run down dump ever gets a rating over one star amazes me. We were not the only people complaining to management. The BBB needs to investigate this place.

1  Thank Melinda J
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We have been to AFC 1-2 times a year for several years, and this was the first time (maybe last) for 2017. The entrance ramp was littered with beer cans , trash and plastic cups. One of the rest rooms were out of order. The staff is young, inexperienced and not properly trained. The tables, chairs, floors are dirty , sticky and disgusting. The front door is blocked off. I'm wondering if a health and fire inspection is needed.

This is really disapointing, as this used to be a rustic place, with good food and a nice place to get off the water for a bite to eat.

Been to Acworth Fish Camp? Share your experiences!