“AMAZING and cheap!!!”

Papuseria
Ranked #117 of 234 Restaurants in Ambergris Caye
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Order the papusas!!! I'm not a huge experimental eater and these were amazing. Make sure to add the slaw and tomato sauce, it really makes the meal. Father in law ordered a steak burrito and it was the largest burrito I've ever seen. Everything was extremely cheap and was one of the best meals we had on the island. The establishment is a hole in the wall treasure!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Amazing food!! We were there during lobster season and got the lobster burritos plus a selection of papusas and civiche. Great prices, relaxed atmosphere! We went back for a second meal during our five day visit.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

We come here (more than once!) every time we visit SP. The papusas are the best in town! Not only is the food delicious and reasonably priced, the hospitality is as well. We always feel welcome.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

We, my wife and I, love this little GEM of a Rest. on Middle Street... Mama is making Papusas on the Street plus they have a Full Menu.... Lobster Ceviche is to DIE for... My wife loves Lobster Papusas and I go for a Mix with Beef and Pork... Cheese is required... and we do Spinach for Take Home Breakfast Papusas... Awesome.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

I worked with some Salvadorians who told me about this type of food from El Salvador. This was our first encounter with being able to eat them. It was plenty cheap and so delicious! They plenty of variety and you're able to mix up to 3 fillings. They are prepped and cooked right in front of the restaurant. The cabbage and sauce for the topping really complete the meal. Even our 11yr old daughter ate it like it was supposed to be, which was a first! And she loved it! Anyways, definitely worth the trip!