“BEST RESORT ON THE ISLAND”
Review of The Phoenix Resort

The Phoenix Resort
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Just returned from a wonderful 7 day stay The Phoenix with my husband and 2 teenage daughters (16 and 13). We chose this resort because of the EXCELLENT reviews on Trip Advisor and they did not disappoint. Truely FIRST CLASS. This resort is centrally located in the town of San Pedro and it's within walking distance to restraunts,grocery stores, and souvenir shops. No need for a golf cart unless you want to check out the island. The condo we stayed in was a 2BR/2BATH beach view (A12) which was spacious with a large veranda and a great view of the ocean and pools. The staff here is amazing! They go out of thier way to make sure everything is top notch. They take such good care of you, they even call and check on you while you are on your excursions! My husband and I are planning on returning to the island and we will definitely stay at THE PHOENIX!

Room Tip: All condo's have a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Laughgang

Reviewed 20 July 2011

My husband and I spent 7 nights at The Phoenix Resort and where do I begin??? It was the best vacation we ever had since we have been married! We chose to stay at The Phoenix based on the reviews we saw on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed one bit. From the time we arrived at the Resort and were greated by Daniel at the Front Desk to our departure, the Resort was nothing but pure joy! Daniel took the time to not only check us in, but give us a tour of the entire Resort ending at our room where the Bell Staff brought our bags. We were also graciously greeted by Stacey whom I had dealt with to make the reservations from the beginning. She took great care in helping me with every step of our trip. She answered every question I had and answered every e-mail that I sent. Every person you came in contact with every day greeted you with a smile and called you by name. Daniel, Rosa, Rose and Gabriel are a great asset to this resort. They were awesome. They helped us book tours, find places to eat and then every time we would come back they would always ask how things were. We had a small problem with our fishing guide on one of the days and Stacey had asked how everything went. My husband, who is an avid fisherman told her about a few things and she was right on top of it making it right. I could go on and on about this resort. The point is that if you are looking for exceptional service in a relaxing atmosphere, then this is the place for you. We will go back again because a week is not enough!
Thanks again to Stacey, Daniel, Rose, Rosa and Gabriel for making our stay!

Room Tip: Deal directly with the Resort, tell them if you are coming for a special occasion, honeymoon, annive...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I decided on the Phoenix based on a few things....but number 1 was the reviews. It was beyond my expectations! We were in a 2bd, 2ba beach view...Stacy upgraded us from a 1bedroom for the same price! Thank you so much! Our room was spectacular...better than anything I've ever experienced. First of all it was spotless. The beds are so comfortable, all the rooms are huge and the kitchen is...well, a very nice kitchen. The view from our room was amazing! The staff helped us with everything we needed whenever we needed it. They arranged our domestic flight from Belize City, paid our cab from the airport, and had a cab waiting for us on the day we checked out! This was truly paradise! We loved it so much we booked it again for next year. Thank you, thank you , thank you for the best vacation ever!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue4fitness
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Leaving San Pedro today. Stayed at The Phoenix. It is located right in town so it is convenient to all that San Pedro has to offer, and built in a way that provides privacy and relaxation overlooking the Caribbean observing the waves crashing on the barrier reef.
This resort's accommodations are just fantastic. The villas are very spacious, wonderfully appointed and furnished. First class modern accommodations, including granite countertops in the kitchen and baths, king sized bed in the master bed, loved the linens and plush comforter. I just sunk into it each night. Slept like a baby here. I have stayed at many places in Belize but have never had the kind of luxury and spacious accommodations that I experienced at The Phoenix. Just beautiful.

The property's pools are so wonderful to enjoy, from the separate lap pool to the wading infinity pool and the grounds are so impeccably maintained.

Service was terrifc. Gabriela at the front desk was so helpful, always with a smile to welcome me and Ricardo at the pool bar was so enjoyable. He helped me so many time, as we tried to determine what we might want to do each evening in town. Rafael, the security man always greeted us with a smile and enthusiasm for the day, not to mention Stacey in guest services who was always out and about making sure the guests were happy. The service is terrific at The Phoenix.

We had dinner at Red Ginger, their restaurant. The live music (didn't have that every evening) was just great and the food (tapas night, so I chose to enjoy three distinct flavors) was superb. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

Would highly recommend this resort. Each step of our stay was greeted with terrific service.

Snorkeled at Ho Chan and Shark ally. Wow, and our guide, Alphonso, was the best snorkeling guide I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He not only guided us around the preserve but constantly pointed out and named each of the types of fish we were seeing. He should be famous. What a terrific guide.

What else can I say, we all loved it at The Phoenix.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrianDunn
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I live in Mexico and planned a last minute trip with a friend to Belize...literally last minute-all was accomplished in an hour. Stacy was so helpful and organized everything for us to get down there. The drive was quite easy from where I live in Tulum to Chetumal where we met our border transport driver. A couple and their go to guy arranged our flight and taxi to and from San Pedro. When we arrived we took a taxi to The Phoenix where they paid for our taxi as a nice gesture! We got a great last minute deal thanks to Stacy! It was more than I hoped I didn't want to leave the king size plush bed! We were given a tour of our room and were informed of all the amenities. The place was just fabulous and so spacious for my friend and I. We were not sure how many nights we were going to stay-we originally booked just one and ended up staying 3 nights...yes thats how amazing it was at The Phoenix. I will never stay anywhere else when I go back to San Pedro. The staff was so helpful and friendly. I believe and understand customer service and when you get great customer service as I did you want to keep going back to a place of comfort and joy. They really have been trained well to accommodate everyone and I felt like I was a part of something great during my stay. You must do the snorkeling trip with Alfonso-the most amazing snorkeling I have done thus far in my life. I can't describe what I saw and experienced, all I can say is that it changed my vision in life. Don't make a mistake staying anywhere else-THE PHOENIX IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!

Room Tip: If you get a one bedroom ask for the 3rd floor-you get great views.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends