The El Pescador Famil (as they like to refer to all of their staff) is without equal. They truly delivered on a 10-day vacation I toke with my wife. Top notch fishing guides are premier attraction for fisherman. Any family member that isn't justifiably obsessed with the outstanding fishing in Ambergris will surely find comfort and peace on immaculately kept grounds of the lodge. The decor in the bar smells of Tom McGuane and early Buffett. Three - (3) pools are on the grounds (two of them saltwater) give the patrons pleanty of place to cool-off and get refreshed after a day of fishing, scuba, snorkeling, or just plain adventuring. Check out the lagoon behingd the lodge...kayaks are provided to guests so that you can venture out between the mangroves and explore even more waters. There are some very unique day trips on the mainlaind if you get a little island feverish. Go to th ATM cave...it is truly a rugged and special experience. The owner (Ali) could not have been more warm and accomodating. We felt like we were long-lost relatives from the mainland and they treated us with true-felt love! We will be returning to this little slice of the worl...oh yes we will. Tip: If your a fly fishermand and you have never fished the salt before...you better work on finding some windy days and start practicing. The salt can be unforgiving to those who only throw for trout! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro, Ambergris Caye