“Comfortable, convenient, quiet beach location”

Caribbean Villas Hotel
Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed at Caribbean Villas for three nights and had a very pleasant stay. Transportation to and from the dock/airport was included, and while the hotel knew of our plans, we did need to ask the person at the office of the water taxi to call the hotel for us to be picked up. No big deal - just something to be aware of (though this may be attributable to the driver getting stuck in traffic behind a political campaign parade). The location was perfect - within walking distance of the town (about 15 minutes on foot, under 10 by bike), and removed enough to be in a nice, quiet area, secluded from the main road by a windy dirt path though the trees. Bike rentals were free from the hotel - a huge plus.

We originally booked the simplest type of room that they had available and were surprised to be upgraded on check in to a 6 person apartment with a full kitchen and private beach-view balcony. Though we didn't need the space, having a kitchen was a pleasant surprise.

The staff were very friendly, accommodating, and accessible. The woman at the front desk was happy to help us book dinner reservations (in this case, for Hidden Treasure, which sends a car/golf cart to pick you up) and tours (we took the snorkeling tour at Hol Chan, including the shark and ray alley). It was very convenient that the boat for the snorkel tour picked us up at the end of the hotel pier.

I would definitely return to Caribbean Villas - thank you!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan F

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Even before arriving in Belize, the staff at Caribbean Villas was super helpful. They set up our snorkeling, cave tubing and ziplining trips and on the day of our arrival when my flight was delayed they were able to book me a flight on Tropic Air since I was going to miss the last water taxi. I chose Caribbean Villas based on the overwhelming number of reviews I read about their customer service and I wasn't disappointed.

We stayed in room #3 and it was merely steps from the hotel bar (probably not the best for my expanding waistline). The bartenders Tony and Luiz were great. Not only did Luiz make the best Dirty Banana (a must have), but they gave us great recommendations for local restaurants and Tony prepared the best food during their Sunday bbq. We were also fortunate to meet the owners of the hotel (Ruth and Graham) and some folks who split their time between Michigan and Belize. That was definitely the highlight of the trip and a big reason I would return to San Pedro and Caribbean Villas. Our room was great. It was nice having a fridge, dishes and glasses and we benefited from the winds (rarely used the fans or A/C). The Belizean food is so yummy. Even though we weren't there during lobster season we had some great snapper and grouper. Elvi's Kitchen (Friday night Mayan Buffet) and Wild Mango's (coconut shrimp and carrot cake) were definitely our two favorite meals. Caraline's just down the beach was another must. Overall this was a wonderful trip. You won't be disappointed if you stay at this hotel. They will definitely feel like family at the end.

Room Tip: Choose room #3 if you want to be steps from the bar and enjoy the ocean breeze!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank dehonig
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This was my first time in Belize and I was trying to decide between Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker. I chose this place, partly because of price, and also because of location. I am glad I did. While I had the room that wasnt really beachview (but the price was great and the beach was just a couple of steps away), I really liked my stay here. The staff was very friendly, the dock, beach, pool, bar, and hot tub were all amazing. You could walk to downtown along the ocean front and feel the breeze or take the main road. I never had to rent a bike or golf cart, but you easily could. But the location was far enough from town not to hear all the loud music from the bars. Most of the vacationers seemed to be young couples or older couples. The front desk arrainaged a snorkeling tour for me and they picked me up directly on the dock. That was nice! The only thing I would recommend would be if you see an excursion you like and that is confirmed, go ahead and book it. It may not be offered or available on a subsequent day. I would recommend this location to anyone wanting a fun, yet relaxing, place to stay in San Pedro.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tallcodude
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We've been to Belize twice and both times stayed at caribbean villas.We were there in 09 for our daughter's wedding which they handeled beautifully! the dock was all decorated with palm leaves.. We really love it!! We just had to come back.. We found the staff friendly and completely honest. we were accidently overcharged once for lunch and the next day our meal was free. we had wondered but thought we had misunderstood and didn't ask.
The staff were especially helpful we were able to arrange a tour with just us and our guide and it wasn't any more expensive. we went with the suggested guide for fishing,"Tony's" and had a blast,
We especially liked how small this resort is, there aren't a million kids running around nor is there a lot of loud partying. People having fun, sure, plenty of fun going on in San Pedro. Clean comfy and a fridge and coffee pot in the room. Good breakfast too.. Very pretty, the beach wasn't perfect but we snorkeled off the end of the dock and swam there. It's so clear its like swimming/snorkeling in an aquarium, only better.

Room Tip: ground floor, ocean view rooms arebest
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cindy c
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have traveled to Belize 6 times over the past couple of years. Each time we spend some time in the jungle and some time on ambergris caye. Each time we have stayed at a different hotel, or rented a house. I have booked our next visit and we are returning to Caribbean Villas. The staff is helpful and easy going. Our accommodations were clean and well stocked. The food from the bar is convenient and tasty, and so were the drinks. The beach is nicely maintained, no simple task !
see you in June ;)