“Amazing food and amazing people!”
Review of Aurora's Grill

Aurora's Grill
Ranked #110 of 215 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We had Aurora and her family cater a meal in to us the day we arrived in San Pedro at the recommendation of the person we rented the house from. We were absolutely blown away with the meal they prepared. Everything was absolutely amazing...the fish melted in your mouth, the ceviche was a wonderful treat. They were careful to cater around my husbands seafood allergy while at the same time treating the rest of to seafood. We were so impressed we had them cater in again 2 more times on our 6 day trip. They were so much fun to chat with and the service was top notch. You cannot go wrong with this crew!

Reviewed 29 December 2016

My friends and I stumbled on Aurora's unobtrusive trailer while visiting Secret Beach.

Aurora's is owned and operated by Aurora herself and serves breakfast all day as well as a range of other lunch options including tacos, burritos, and ceviche.

My friends and I asked for some suggestions and were guided to the fresh shrimp ceviche (as they were out of conch) as well as a trio of lobster, fish, and pork tacos.

The ceviche arrived quickly along with some ice cold beer and was absolutely amazing. The shrimp was clearly very fresh and the seasoning of the ceviche was wonderful.

The tacos however were the real show stoppers. Served on FRESHLY prepared corn tortillas, each taco had a unique flavor profile and went perfectly with Aurora's amazing homemade pepper sauce.

Aurora's, along with Secret Beach, is located at the end of a three-mile strip of very bumpy road, but is well worth the drive. The excellent service and extremely reasonable price point make this my favorite place for lunch in Belize.

Reviewed 24 December 2016

If you are looking for really good food at great prices with friendly service, don't be distracted by the larger, noisier restaurants at Secret Beach 4.5 miles north of San Pedro. Aurora's is the place to go and I guarantee that like us, you will immediately resolve to come back ASAP! The food is really excellent and clearly cooked with love and passion and prices make it an unbelievable value. See you there again sometime soon!

Reviewed 24 December 2016

Aurora, her children and husband have a wonderful family-run business that they take a lot of pride in not only providing fresh food and drinks, but also outstanding service. They go out of their way to make sure you enjoy the food and service and that was not something we always got at other places we went to in San Pedro.

We first learned about their food truck at Secret Beach. It's located right at the end of the main road, on the water by the dock and volley ball net. We had food both at their food truck and the large bar/restaurant next door, and of the 9 of us, we all agree Aurora's food was far superior. So we asked about their private catering, and twice they came out to our house/hotel to cook like a private chef would in our home. This was above and beyond because they cater the meal to any food you like, and for any meal of the day as in breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We had two dinners with them, and they cooked, and cleaned dishes, and even set up private dining tables for the couples to have a romantic dinner. They chatted with us and told us about the history of their restaurant and their family and they treated us like family and ensured we had the best meal of our trip. Aurora's home cooking and flavors are wonderful, her seafood, chicken, curry, ribs, tacos were outstanding. We will eat here every time we come to Belize, and in the 7 days of our trip we ate there 5 times - we loved it!!

1  Thank Jocelyn C
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

I would definitely recommend and revisit this restaurant. The chicken was very fresh. The area was very neat. After enjoying the chicken and the salad, we sons and I had to order a plate to go. Because the food is freshly prepared they encourage you to enjoy the beach while they prepare your meal. My lunch was delivered to me as well as my rum punch!! Yumm