El Rey Hotel(Belmopan)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$256
US$220
  • Pool
US$150
US$210
US$158
  • Pool
Rock Farm Guest House(Belmopan)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$83
Hacienda Tropical Guest House(Belmopan)(Great Value!)
US$45
Yamwits Lodge(Belmopan)(Great Value!)
US$60
  • Restaurant
US$160
All reviewsbed and breakfastquiet neighborhoodhome away from homecapital cityhosts
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I live in Belize and had to be in Belmopan for a 3 day convention. Since I work in tourism, I did my homework before choosing Villa San Juan by visiting all the hotels and B and Bs in the city. We were so happy with our choice. Clean, well appointed rooms with high quality furnishings and comfortable beds. Everything was just better than it would have been anywhere else. And, yes, it's a bit expensive but well worth it. And the Espejos are such nice people, too.

Room Tip: If mobility is an issue, the first floor main building is great with easy access to pool as well.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The place is wellkept and run by a retired couple who are friendly. You get a good homely breakfast with access to the pool.

Laundry services, wifi are also available which makes the place central and perfect for business visitors. The place is located in a residential area which is good for walks and morning jogs. It is walking distance to the shopping centre where you could access restuarants for lunch and dinners etc. The only challenge is Sundays when most restuarants are closed.

In short, i recommend it for Belmopan where accomodation can be hard to get. Tip...pls book early!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2016

We were pleased with our choice of Villa San Juan. We spent 2 nights in the Serenidad room. Our bedroom and bathroom were attractive, clean and spacious. The common living/dining room was quite large. Breakfast was good and you could choose meat and eggs or have a fruit/yogurt/toast breakfast, as I did. The fresh-squeezed orange juice was the best I have ever tasted. Omar and Ellen were polite and helpful - the perfect hosts. Omar promptly replied to my email questions before we arrived and then helped us arrange our cave tubing trip when we got to Belmopan. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in Serenidad. Large, clean bedroom and bath. We were happy with it.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Villa San Juan is a nice bed and breakfast run by a retired couple who provide good and friendly service. The facilities are attractive, clean, comfortable and secure. There is also a pool if so inclined. Breakfast is quite good and choice of eggs, a variety of fruit complement the menu. There is cable tv and wifi is free although the proprietor needs to register your device MAC address - emphasis on security.

The rooms are relatively large with a good bathroom.

No where is really walking distance from what I saw so plan for dinner ahead of time.

In all a highly recommended option.

Room Tip: Choose a room upstairs, although the steps are steep
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

My colleague and I stayed at Villa San Juan for 3 nights as we were working at the local hospital for a few days (just a few minutes walk away). Its convenient location along with excellent previous reviews made us choose Villa San Juan.

Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by Ellen and Omar, the very kind and friendly owners of the b+b. They made us feel at home straight away and showed us around the b+b. Ellen also gave us numbers of reputable taxi drivers in the area so that we could travel around if we needed to.

We were amazed at how spacious, peaceful, clean and relaxing the reception/lobby area was. Our room was reasonably sized, had air conditioning, good Wi-Fi and also had a walk-in closet, so there was plenty of space for our luggage, clothes etc.

Breakfast was served every day and was fresh and hot. We had a choice of eggs, fruit, yoghurt, home-made cakes and delicious juices and coffee. The banana bread made by Ellen was especially delicious, I highly recommend it to anyone who comes here!

The b+b also had a balcony/pool area so bring your swimming stuff if you fancy a dip!

Overall I would highly recommend Villa San Juan as a place to stay in Belmopan. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lively place to stay, it's more for people who are looking for somewhere peaceful, relaxing and quiet with a homely feel in a good location in Belmopan. Other people staying in the b+b are often working professionals and have been friendly.

Thank you so, so much Ellen and Omar for your hospitality, we look forward to visiting you again soon!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business