Belize Jungle Dome
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Belmopan
See available hotels
Juntos Cottages(Teakettle)
Dream Valley(Teakettle)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Calico Jack's Village(Seven Miles El Progresso)
View Hotel
Hidden Valley Inn(Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve)
View Hotel
All reviewshorseback ridingother guestsguide davidsurf and turfpool sidezip liningextreme adventureplay soccerhowler monkeysempanadaswonderful hostssan pedroevery mealowners and staffthe riverour room was spaciousbeautiful grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently had 3 nights at the Jungle Dome and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was large and very comfortable, the family style dinners and breakfasts were excellent, and best of all we got to know the owners, Simone and Andy, who were delightful. They did everything they could to make our stay very enjoyable. We could not fault them or their lodge. Thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I arrived at the Jungle Dome on March 7, 2018 and we didn't really know what to expect. It's definitely in the jungle. The grounds are beautiful. It's a place where you can totally relax if you like but we signed up for one of their tour packages that kept us busy every day. We loved it. Our package included breakfast, lunch, and dinner and the food was excellent. Since there are only around six or so rooms at the hotel, it was like we had our own personal service. Andy and Simone, the owners were like friends that we've known for years, and our guide David was incredible. He could pick out animals, birds, insects in the jungle that we would have never noticed. I don't know how he does it other than thru experience. Overall, if you want an adventurous vacation or even a relaxing one, the Jungle Dome is the place. We had a fantastic time!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Staying here was one of the 3 most relaxing days of my life. The premises are incredible, the people are amazing and most of all you don't feel like a tourist. They catered to our individual needs and made us feel like family. At the end you felt like you were saying good bye to family.

Room Tip: Outdoor adventure or pleasurable quiet on the grounds
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2018

It is hard to add any more superlatives to the reviews of this idyllic spot in the jungle. Andy and Simone made us so welcome, it felt like we were visiting old friends. My husband is a birder and we mainly wanted to visit Belize because of its abundant bird life. David the Jungle Dome guide is an avid birder himself – and his knowledge of the local birds as well as the plants and animals is so extensive – he was a joy to travel with – his sharp eyes spotting many things we would not have seen on our own. As octogenarians we had been a little hesitant to go on an Adventure Tour, but everyone at the Jungle Dome made us feel very safe and well cared for.

Hey, BIRDER ALERT! My wife can’t fully appreciate my excitement watching toucans, aricaris, trogons, pale-billed woodpeckers and more from the comfort of a pool-side lounge chair. Binocs in one hand and a glass of wine it the other. And here comes David, who has a fascinating life history anecdote to share about most species. Don’t miss this opportunity if you are at all into birdwatching. But thank goodness I tore myself away for some of the Jungle Dome’s perfectly arranged trips, marveling at the Tikal ruins and snorkeling on the beautiful reef. Private tip: while staying at the Belizean Shores resort on Ambergris Caye we wandered across the only island road to the landward side of the island. Mostly landfill and mangroves (but good birding). If you try this in the afternoon you may be rewarded by seeing several huge crocodiles on land or in the water!

Room Tip: I think they are all good rooms
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2018

My husband and I came here for our very first vacation in our 13 year time together. And what an excellent discovery! It was just what we needed with lots of opportunities and spaces for quietly reading and hanging out. Lovely grounds, lots of hammocks, and pool. Plenty of opportunities for adventures if that is your interest.
David was a lovely guide on our bike trip to the Valley of Peace. Even though he may not have been prepared to deal with us cyclists, he pushed those pedals with a smile and lots of information about the area and the myriad of topics that come up on a 3 hour ride! After our ride, he prepared two coconuts, fresh off the tree- for a fun little post-ride treat. He is definitely a gem.
I was able to enjoy a horse ride from the neighboring farm, and we both did the cavern/kayaking adventure, which was quite the adventure following several days of rain! The guide was so sincere in his desire to create the perfect exploration of the river/caverns and he certainly did achieved that! While at the Dome, the owners easily interact but are also conscientious about giving guests their space. I have to say the meals at the Jungle Dome were the best I had while in Belize. The ladies who created our meals were delightful and magical with food! I'm pining for the chicken empanadas as I write this! We had a wonderful time there and would certainly recommend it to others and we would certainly choose to stay their again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple