“Good food, laid back ambiance”

Rolson's Cocina Cantina
Ranked #26 of 85 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2016

After trekking through the jungle (to Tikal), we decided to eat at Rolson's. Not only were they offering a 1/2 off margaritas for happy hour, they had a good selection for food. You can decide if you want a pricier meal or something more toned down. I grabbed three tacos for under $10USD and was stuffed! On the flip side you could order a real entree and spend much more. I liked that they had flexibility in the menu to accommodate everyone's price points in the group.

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

I have such a hard time finding places to eat in the area that I haven't been to a million times and I just came across Rolson's. It's a little bit pricey but the servers are always super nice and accomodating. I've eaten here a lot recently and I only had one dissapointing experience where I received a different item than I had ordered. Other than that I have been really impressed with the food and will continue to eat here when I am out to eat. Because of the nice atmosphere, pleasant servers and good music, not to mention the food I am giving it 5 stars :)

Reviewed 28 October 2015

We ate dinner here with friends who live in the area. We had nachos, burritos and a combination plate. Our friends had alcoholic drinks which were outrageously priced - $25 BZ for two gin and tonics and $9 for a plain rum with no mix. This is crazy - these are North American prices.

Considering what we paid for dinner, it was mediocre food and not a place that we will return to.

The outdoor seating on the second level gives a nice view of the surrounding area, but does not warrant being overcharged.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

I went here for a special night out and had an enjoyable evening.

The Location:
It is right off the highway outside of San Ignacio. The place has a warm and cozy feeling with seating available inside or on the balcony. It can get a bit chilly later in the night but this is not a bad thing.

The Food:
I have eaten here many times and i can say that the food is consistently good. On this particular occasion my wife and I both had the Chuletas (Pork Chops) smothered in onions and served with beans, tortillas and rice. We also tried the stuffed jalapenos which were quite tasty.

The Service:
We were greeted and promptly seated. The staff was attentive but not overbearing. I felt well served.

Overall the food, atmosphere, service and price were good and it is a place that keeps you coming back. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Had a wonderful meal here with my colleagues from work. The staff and owners were very attentive and the views of the town are spectacular. Thoroughly recommended for a filling meal and delightful staff.