Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$81
Hotels.comUS$69
eDreamsUS$81
TravelocityUS$69
Orbitz.comUS$69
Agoda.comUS$81
All reviews pool bar hot water great pool cabana grounds belize ac waterfall
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2021 via mobile

Great eco friendly place to stay. Bartender was fantastic. Volleyball net in the pool. Beautifully lit at night with great music to dance too. Clean comfortable room. Great place to stay in San Ignacio just outside of downtown

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 1 April 2021 via mobile

I am sure that this place was once great and there are many things about it that are dripping with potential. The matron of this resort is kind and earnest. It seems her children have created a dynamic where tourists are a second thought and almost ignored. The focus is now on the bar and accommodating locals. Loud music all day pouring out of a dumpy bar and taking over the pool area. Almost hostile to tourists.

No accommodations to those staying here. No breakfast, no coffee, and no one available otherwise. We checked in and it was great. Again, the woman who owns it is very kind but we haven’t seen her since and otherwise there are a bunch of young boys running a crappy bar and that’s it. It seems that the family who owns this place has abandoned it and are squeezing it for whatever they can get in the moment.

The rooms are clean and extremely basic, without any thought for special touches or care. Basically a place to sleep, albeit air-conditioned and quiet. It wouldn’t take much to make it special, but again, there is little energy being put in to this place for tourists it is very clear.

Despite trusting that it was started with great intentions, Midas is going downhill rapidly. We have basically felt like an afterthought. Regrettably, I would not recommend it at all. Spend your money somewhere where people are interested in your business.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank W654EUjoshuac
Michael Preston, Owner at Midas Belize, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2021

My sincere apologies and sorry that you feel that way at this present time tourist are at a minimum where we could not afford to operate with out our local tourism whom we are currently catering for as we have a large operating bearing cost.

We will be READY 100% for international tourism November 2021 our rates are being adjusted accordingly over the next few months to have midas where it was and better.

Your comment sounds very personal and I'll leave it at that.

Reviewed 28 December 2020

The staff at the Midas Belize worked hard to accommodate my family, and I appreciate that. But this was not a good stay, and I hope that my review is informative for others even if I do not wish the staff any ill will

Pros: The location is excellent. Easy walking distance to San Ignacio's downtown and some good restaurants, but far enough away to make parking easy and not feel like you're in the hustle and bustle. As mentioned previously, the staff was very helpful. They called other restaurants for me, made sure I got cribs for my girls, let us warm up food in their microwave, and were exceptionally accommodating. The grounds, other than the washed-out driveway, were quite pretty. Wifi often required me to reconnect with my phone but mainly worked. Housekeeping did come to clean the room, unlike my other stay in Belize during COVID.

Cons: Problems started immediately when the staff seemed to have no idea we were coming. I had booked through Hotels.com and communicated with the hotel (and received responses) but apparently no one told the front desk staff. That was frustrating. Also, the front desk is not staffed the whole day. If you arrive too early or late you might find yourself with no one at the desk, and just a phone number to call. Not my usual experience with hotels.

The room we were in was billed as a "500-sq-foot room with garden views - 2 bedrooms and sitting area." It was instead a much smaller circular room with very little room beyond the beds. The room was not particularly clean and felt pretty rundown. Water pressure was low and hot water took a while to appear. All in all it was not a pleasant place to spend time.

The restaurant on site isn't run by the hotel and wasn't always open. There were no posted hours and the hotel staff didn't know when it was open or not. This meant we had to go elsewhere for breakfast (and all other meals) which is annoying and difficult with small children. I recognize that COVID might make things more difficult in this regard, but other hotels in San Ignacio had open restaurants, so I would recommend staying in those instead.

The Bottom Line: It was pretty cheap and certainly saved us a lot of money compared to other options, but the hotel that Lonely Planet says "stands out as one of the better mid-range choices in San Ignacio" is not.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank JamesK846
Michael Preston, Owner at Midas Belize, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Hi James

Our sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay.

We will address your concerns COVID has affected us in more ways than we could have imagined.

The staff that you are referring to are the owners and I'm glad we did our service their.

Reviewed 27 September 2020

Very nice hotel. Large clean rooms. Pleasant staff. Lovely pool.
There is a communal balcony area on each floor level which is great for socialising.
The hotel is well located and is a short walk into town.
We wish that we had arranged to stay there longer!

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank LMMS
Reviewed 4 July 2020

Stayed here for an overnight and it was not a pleasant experience. The gate had been locked when we were going in for the night, no security, noone around. Finally got in by climbing over the 20 ft gate. Went to the room and when trying to fall asleep, the door kept making a beeping noise ALL night due to a malfunctioning doorlock.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple