“Food still great”

Tolacca Smokehouse
Ranked #29 of 90 Restaurants in San Ignacio
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Although the staff were new and things were a little disorganized at first, our overall experience was good. The burgers continue to be absolutely delicious ( I had been craving one for days before we finally got there) and the pork ribs were just as good as they have ever been.

Portions are always generous and we have never left here hungry.

If we have one suggestion, it is to make the menu clearer - the burger additions list an egg and cheese as extras. When my burger came last time, it had an egg on it (I don't eat eggs and some people are allergic so this could be a problem), so this time I specified no egg. It does not say that all burgers come with eggs, so clarify this if you are ordering.

Also, there were 6 of us and we reserved a table. When we got there, the table was pushed against a wall, so we had to sit 4 along one side and one at each end - not great for conversation. The table behind us was set up somewhat the same.

We wanted to speak to the owner about our concerns but he wasn't there when we left.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We enjoyed our meals and service was good. My husband and I moved here a few months ago and he had not found a good burger u till we had one last night!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

It’s a nice and cozy restaurant with a good service. We ordered the big portion of spare ribs for 30 BZD. Unfortunately the portion was quite small and all of us (male and female) were still hungry - we went to a fast food restaurant afterwards.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

My wife and I had the opportunity to try Tolacca Smokehouse at the advice of our AirBnB hosts in Santa Helena and we are glad that we did! My wife ordered the jerk chicken and pork dinner and I ordered the beef burger with cheese and a fried egg! Her meal was very tasty and authentic jerk taste ... it came with a salad and potatoes. I ordered my burger well done but when it arrived I cut it open and it was very undercooked so I asked the server if they could throw it back on the grill. Without apprehension she offered to cook a new one to my liking even when I explained I was happy to just to have the one I had cooked some more as I didn't want to waste it. She assured me that it wouldn't go to waste but that they wanted to offer me a new one cooked to my liking. We were happy to wait as we were enjoying the nice evening and cold drinks and when the new burger arrived it was hot off the grill and cooked perfectly! I devoured the burger (it was really good) and enjoyed the fries and salad that accompanied it. With a couple of beer, a couple of rum and two dinner meals it totalled just under $50 BZ. Great meal, great service and great value ... I would not hesitate to return to Tolacca again! If I could give it 4.5 stars I would!

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We did not receive what was ordered and the server refused to correct the order. She said that Is not what she heard and refused to correct the problem and made us pay for what was delivered to the table. We were the only party in the restaurant at 7:30 on a Thursday evening. No wonder!!