“A nice little place for a night or 2”
Review of Cardie's Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stann Creek
Cardie's Hotel
Ranked #51 of 56 Stann Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2015

This was my second stay there. The first time there the bathroom door did not close properly and there was no hot water in the bathroom. The second time I got room #1 which was better, door closed and the water was nice and hot. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy. The wifi inside is poor, had to open the door or go outside, walking down the hotel to get stronger signal. But all in all not a bad place.

Room Tip: If you want stronger wifi, room #3 is better
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 March 2015

We always choose Cardies if we have to stay in Independence. The food is good and they are accomodating to late night arrivals too. We love the staff they are so friendly!! The beds not the most comfortable but this is by far the best place in the area!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TeamWisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at Cardie's with a mission group and, as such, did not directly pay for room or food, so I cannot speak to the value that we got. However, I can speak to the quality of the hotel, interactions with staff, and quality of food/drinks.

Let me start out by saying that I did enjoy my time in Belize, and that I spent most of my time away from the hotel room. However, the time I did spend in the hotel room was disappointing. Our room appeared to be run down - paint peeling off the walls, un-vacuumed carpets, a tiled-in shower that always had an inch of water sitting at the bottom (even when we first arrived in the room - gross). There were two queen-sized beds in the room, but neither was comfortable in the least. The positives for the room was the AC unit, which worked wonderfully, and the ceiling fan which was also helpful. After our first day gone from the hotel, I returned to the room to shower off my layer of sweat and found a cockroach in the shower. Toward the end of our 7-night stay, there was no hot water to any of the rooms, and had three days of cold showers.

The food at Cardie's was one of the biggest highlights. All of the food and juices were delicious! Even food that wasn't my personal favorite (fried chicken & waffles, pork chops & mashed potatoes) was very good. My favorites were the Belizean dishes, like fry-cakes and stewed chicken with rice and beans. The bar seemed well stocked, but the only cocktail we were "allowed" to have was a panty-ripper (pineapple juice & coconut rum), even though a sign on the bar advertised other specialty cocktails. Most of the time Shonda was busy doing other tasks (like being understandably busy preparing dinner for our group), and was not manning the bar. The few times that she did tend bar, it seemed like we were a bother to her - even though drinks were not covered in our "group payment," so it was extra money the hotel was making.

Throughout our stay, housekeeping did a great job. We always had fresh towels and fresh sheets, and they even left extra towels in our room when we used two as beach towels. Much appreciated!

Overall, I wouldn't immediately recommend Cardie's to anyone traveling to Belize. It worked well for our mission group, but as an individual, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our medical mission trip home port was based out of Cardie's. I have to say the hotel was a welcomed unexpected surprise! To start the owners and staff are warm and friendly. You are treated like family. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The AC works GREAT!!! The beds were comfortable, especially after a long day working a remote clinic. The showers had good pressure and the towels and soaps were replenished daily. The food was AMAZING and the drinks even better. This is a top notch establishment. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I would not recommend this hotel to any for the following reasons:

In front of the hotel there is a construction and there is lots of dust comes to the hotel every day and it is completely full of dust and rubbish.

The room is full of misquote and spider and it is very dirty.

The safety box was not working

In the bathroom there is a wall socket which is not cover properly and it is very danger.

The door handle is broken can’t close the toilet door.

I was there for three nights and the Internet never work properly.

I had to change my room from the Executive to standard room and again we can’t close the bathroom’s door and again the wall socket was not cover properly

As soon they know I booked the hotel via Agooda and there were not happy

I would not recommend to anyone and I was really disappointment and I was not happy and never go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple