“By far, our favorite meal in Placencia”
Review of Rumfish y Vino

Rumfish y Vino
Ranked #9 of 81 Restaurants in Placencia
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rumfish y vino is centrally located in the Placencia Village Square. Overlooking the ballfield has a festive and breezy atmosphere, and a cool ecclectic soundtrack. A GASTRO-BAR Central American style. From tapas & wine...to frosty draft beers & fish tacos, there is something for everyone to enjoy! AMAZING handcrafted cocktails made from fresh fruit infusions and housemade extracts. Ginger, Cocomut, Pineapple, Watermelon Mojitos and more. Small plates style dining plus great entrees and fresh and inspired specials daily. A place for locals and tourists alike. Rumfish y vino proudly imports all of their own wines too. Outdoor and indoor dining, and a big central bar with comfortable seating for dining or just enjoying a few Watermelon Mojitos!
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Rumfish was delicious! The spicy shrimp pasta was excellent. I always order a shrimp pasta when offered and this was one of the best. Flavorful!

Service very friendly and helpful. Nice selection of fun cocktails too. We recommend the Jalapeno infused rum but were too chicken to try the habanero ones. With "Y Vino" in the name, we thought there would be more wines by the glass, but don't let this deter you from a wonderful meal!

1  Thank SissyandD
Write a ReviewReviews (1,554)

Reviewed 24 March 2018

My friends and I went to Placencia for our girls trip this year. We absolutely loved it! Our Concierge, Nikita, at the Chabil Mar suggested this restaurant. It was fantastic. We shared several appetizers, and ordered several different entrees. The meals were very delicious and a good blend of flavors. The drinks were delicious too!

1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 23 March 2018

We thought that this was probably the best restaurant in Placencia. Run by an ex-pat from Southern California, the seafood was so fresh and wonderful. Excellent bar and wine selection. The Red Snapper and Mahi was amazing! I had flank steak one night that wasn't so impressive, so stick with seafood and you'll be very happy! Also must mention that the Key Lime pie was awesome with real graham cracker crust and key lime juice.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We loved our dinner at the restaurant. The restaurant was quite busy but we waited at the bar drinking one of the restaurants specialty cocktails and waited patiently for our table. Dinner was delicious probably the best I had all week. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and make sure to drop by next door for some gelato

1  Thank store7008
Reviewed 20 March 2018

My wife and I stopped in for an early dinner. We were seated on a balcony overlooking a small courtyard behind the restaurant. We were initially the only customers, but the restaurant quickly began to fill up. Our server was friendly and efficient.
I had red snapper served over rice with mixed grilled vegetables and a coconut curry sauce. The fish in particular was very good. My wife was tired of a steady diet of seafood, so she opted for a cheeseburger. It was a hardy burger with lots of cheese. She said it was good, but couldn't finish all of it and the side of fries. Good food and a nice atmosphere, will definitely check it out again when we back in Belize.