Clueless about where I was headed was an understatement. Belize, where is that, what is there to do, do they speak English? S o many questions! Hubby wants to fish, a friend wants to visit some investments, who cares let's go! I was sick of cold weather in Colorado and everyone that I talked to said, "you will love it"!
Love it I did! The minute we arrived at Robert's Grove they put a fresh, cold drink in our hand and said, "welcome to Robert's Grove" in English! From there we were personally escorted to our villa. They opened our door, showed us around and explained the "lay of the land". It was dark but I could tell the view was amazing and we were 30 feet from the beach; someone please get me another drink, I am on vacation in heaven!
I have to say, one of my favorite things was the green decorative lights. They were wrapped around trees, used as accent lighting, and to light pathways and stairs. So unexpected, so different than the usual white and they just made me smile!
The other thing that made me smile was the staff. They were always willing to help, they were friendly and outgoing, and never left you wanting for a glass to be filled or an extra this or that. One morning my husband and I were sitting outside on the beach looking up at the coconuts in the trees wondering how they knew when they were ripe and how on earth they cut them open. I decided to ask the housekeeping staff and within minutes a young man was there with a coconut explaining it all to us and cutting it open right in front of us. It was such an unexpected treat!
From the free continental breakfast, to the wonderful candlelight dinners the food was fresh and tasty. The buffet on Saturday night was fun and filling complete with live music and roasted pig...the entire pig! (not so sure I was totally ready to see that).
Consider me clueless no more! I know exactly where Belize is, I know exactly where Robert's Grove is, and I know exactly where to find a little slice of heaven!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the Caribbean coast of the Placencia Peninsula in southern Belize, the award-winning Robert's Grove Beach Resort, is a comfortable, beautifully appointed property set amidst 22 acres of tropical, art-filled gardens and sandy beach that offers easy access to all of Belize's top attractions: The largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere, lush Rainforest and Maya Ruins. Robert's Grove Beach Resort features 52 air-conditioned beachfront Classic Vista one bedroom rooms, one, two and three bedroom villas, with all the conveniences one would expect from a finer Beach Resort. There are three private beachfront pools and a host of complimentary activities and amenities that include free wireless internet, tennis court, fitness room, bicycles, pedal boats, kayaks, windsurfers and Hobie Cats. The resort offers three distinct and delicious dining venues: The Seaside Restaurant, with its accompanying bar and lounge, overlooking the beach and sea and serves an international menu along with local specialties. Room Service is available from the Seaside Restaurant. Habanero Mexican Cafe & Bar, offering a full range of Mexican dishes, overlooking the Placencia Lagoon at the Robert's Grove Marina and Sweet Mama's Restaurant a delight in Belizean home cooking and a unique outdoor setting. The food and beverage team at Robert's Grove Beach Resort also arranges special evenings and cultural programs on a weekly basis, including its famous Saturday Night Poolside BBQ Buffet with local music and dancing as well as Habanero's Tuesday night Mexican Buffet and Sunday Paella special. Romantic dinners atop the resort's thatched rooftop gazebos, private room terraces and thatched palapa at the end of its 225 foot pier offer additional dining pleasures. The Resort's spacious grounds, professional food and beverage capability and fully equipped conference room have made it an especially popular setting for large destination weddings, celebrations and business events. The Resort's Water Activity Center features the most diverse water sport activities in southern Belize: At the Resort's 5-Star PADI Dive Center a highly skilled team of dive instructors and dive masters are on standby for instruction as well as daily trips to the many exciting dive locations in our area. Snorkeling, Fishing and island hopping are available from our luxurious charter boats. We also offer overnight stays at our two privately owned islands. The Resort also operates a wide range of tours and excursions to the rainforest and Maya ruins, including Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve and Monkey River.And after a full day exploring the wonders of Belize's magnificent barrier reef and its tropical rainforest, Robert's Grove offers its guests the opportunity to pamper themselves at the resort's well-appointed "Sea Spa" where skilled therapists provide a wide assortment of massages and spa treatments in indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, using the jungle's best natural herbs and oils. Robert's Grove Beach Resort has long proven its commitment to high standards - both in guest services and its regard for nature and the environment. Known for its natural beauty and quiet conforts, it is the perfect destination from which to enjoy the best of Belize and the beautiful Belizean people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Robert's Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Robert`s Grove Beach Hotel Placencia
- Hotel At Roberts Grove
- At Roberts Grove Placencia