Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$98
US$126
US$116
US$259
US$130
Green Parrot Beach Houses(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$90
  • Beachfront
Singing Sands Inn(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$76
Belize Ocean Club(Placencia)
US$192
US$169
Hotels.com
Book now, pay at stay
US$179
Paradise Vacation Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$175
US$170
  • Breakfast included
US$295
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked a room at this place for the start of our honeymoon in Belize.
I contacted Brian who gave us a great deal, helped us find flight and travel options from Belize city to Placencia and even offered to pick us up at the airport when we arrived.
Located only a few mins from Placencia it was the perfect quiet spot to relax yet still be close to all the excitement.
Our first thought when we saw this place was that we had found a piece of heaven. We ran out to the pier and couldn't wait to get into the water. The resort is very clean, very open type structure yet rooms very private. The view is to die for and Ruby immediately offered us a cold beverage when we arrived.
We originally booked for 4 nights but then missed our bus back to BZ city to get to the cayes- Brian not only helped us plan transportation for the following morning but then also offered us an additional night at no cost.
Both Brian and Ruby are incredibly helpful, kind, and go out of their way to provide an excellent experience. I can not say enough good things about our experience here.
We booked a first floor suite- the windows faced the beach and allowed a really nice cool breeze to flow through keeping the room a nice temp. Bed was cozy, clean and the shower had great water pressure which isn't common in a lot of other facilities.

They had bicycles, a paddle boat, canoe, all for free use and a gorgeous dock with a covered "cabana" at the end. The beach is even raked daily to keep spotless.

Ruby gave us a lot of great information on the area and local torus and both she and Brian can book tours and activities as well and the prices, you will find, are cheaper than any other place offering the same tour.
Book here and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 32 days. We booked the whole resort. I highly recommend this location we had ages ranging from 1 year to 65 and everything in between, We love Brian and Ruby they are very kind sweet people. They helped us take care of our booking for scuba diving,water repelling,zip lining,spice farm chocolate tour, they even baked our son a birthday cake. We spent Christmas Dinner with them the food was delicious. I feel like they treated us as family. We will be returning for a longer visit next time.

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Wildfireash
Reviewed 14 April 2014

3 of my friends and I were on our "spring break" of sorts for our semester abroad program. We were looking for beachside places to relax on our budget when we stumbled into this lovely place. We were interested by the pictures alone and decided to contact Brian. Here is one of many spots they get an excellent because Brian's communication and support helped immensely in the logistics of our travel and our stay. He picked us up from the boat dock and drove us the 10-15 mins to the resort. I gave Surfside a 4 on this one because they are rather removed from downtown Placencia, but in some ways that's makes this place even better. This place is immaculate. The rooms are gorgeous, the view is ridiculous, and the food and service provided by Brian and Ruby and the staff is beyond the call is duty.
I would add here we were in the B suite for our stay and unless you are really comfortable with those you are with, I would suggest the A suite because the layout of the B suite is a little odd.
All in all, if you are looking for a place to wind down, kayak, swim, snorkel, tan, eat, and enjoy... This is the place for you

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Treyball
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I could not describe how wonderful the view was from my room. The Room was right behind the ocean and I adored the sun sets each night. Brian the owner had made a pizza, coconut chicken with rice, and many other meals that were delicious. I would say that I would go back in a heart beat. They had bikes to take out to the town, I did a lot of biking and walking along the beach. The room was very large. The pool was still under construction but the ocean was 20 feet away. Ruby had taken her time to take out tours, which were amazing. It was hard to leave, and I look forward to my next trip !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank realmleaper
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife and I decided to stay here while on spring vacation because of the cheap rates. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff and beautiful setting, but other than the food, that's about all the place had going for it.

We stayed at Surfside Escape for three nights and were a little frustrated by the distance from Placencia village. We felt a little misled by the owner's claims that the resort was within walking distance of the village, especially considering that we mentioned that we would be traveling with our one year old daughter. In spite of his reassurances, we decided to rent a golf cart from the resort for the convenience, but on the first day, the thing broke down on the side of the road. Brian, the owner, came and picked us up and then took the golf cart to the shop, assuring us it would be ready by that evening. Nearly two days later, we FINALLY got the golf cart back, and so we went out for dinner, only to have the same thing happen. This time, we broke down in the pitch black dark. Luckily we were near a hotel, but after all this, he was still reluctant to even offer a refund on the golf cart, even though our trip was over (we left the next morning).

On top of this obnoxious experience, the room wasn't the cleanest. It had a terrible ant problem, and I found cockroach poison inside the cabinets where my one year old could easily have gotten ahold of it. This place is definitely not kid-friendly, and although it was a great deal, I would have gladly paid the extra money to stay somewhere with a heavier focus on customer service.

As an added note, we are now going on six months since our trip, and we have yet to receive a refund for our golf cart, due to a bank-related problem, according to the owner. I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013