Book now, pay at stay
Orbitz.com
US$295
US$251
US$190
Singing Sands Inn(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$76
Turtle Inn(Placencia)
US$319
  • Breakfast included
Green Parrot Beach Houses(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$88
Priceline
  • Beachfront
US$259
US$130
Hotels.com
Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$119
Official Site
Belize Ocean Club(Placencia)
US$389
All reviewstrigger fishtipsy tunabarefoot barbeach frontbeachfront cabanasnicest accommodationsmall verandaevery morninggreat cabanasstay there againoffice staffgarden viewminute flightde tatchsmall tvbbq chickensea grass
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I have lived and travelled around Belize for 6 years.My friends and I were going to Seine Bight for a weekend festival that featured various Belizean musical legends. Drove to Placencia because there were no suitable accomodations that we could find in SB. Looked at two places-one was full-the other smelled musty/moldy and the man that showed us the room smelled like liquor -also he was not very polite-tv and ac were not working properly and he acted as if he could care less.!! I walked into the office at Raguana Lodge-the lady receptionist was polite and pleasant.She showed me a cabin-lovely,clean one room self-contained cabana. We enjoyed our stay there and I would go back again when the opportunity presents itself. Hats off to Ranguana Lodge-it is right on the beach-cozy,comfortable,tranquil.

Room Tip: Walk into the place looking presentable
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Carol291962
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We had a very bad experience at Ranguana Lodge. This was extremely disappointing, because the reviews on here make this place sound wonderful—and it is not. We had booked a beachside Cabana for 10 nights. This turned out to be a big mistake. I wish I could go back in time and not reserve this room.

When we first arrived, the beach was disgusting. The sand was covered with 3 feet of dead sea grass and trash before you could get to the water and once you got to the water it was another three feet of dirty water until it was kind of clear. The trash was seriously disgusting. There was used deodorant, broken toys and cigarette butts. Now, I understand that it is seasonal, but the hotel next door (which was MUCH cheaper) cleaned their beach every morning (you can see the distinct line in the sand where Ranguana did not clean their beach, check out my picture). I think the beach was cleaned only once during the whole 10 days we stayed there. It is kind of ridiculous to pay top price to be beachfront when the beach is gross.

So, I approached the owner to ask if she would refund all or part of our money because we wanted to leave. She said she would not refund ANY of it. I asked her if she would keep the deposit and let us have the rest back, she said no. Her solution was we could leave and if people magically decided to come and rent the place then she would refund our money. She told us that she had held the room for us, which was true, however, there was vacancy the WHOLE time we were there, she was NOT sold out. Basically, we were trapped or going to be out of 900.00 USD. I have never felt so helpless.

Another thing is that we paid almost 100.00 USD a night to stay here, the people who just showed up without a reservation only had to pay 75.00 USD a night for their beach side cabana next to ours.

The beach in front was also littered with stray dogs eating the trash in the sea grass and pooping in the sand. Also, the chairs that are supposedly only for guests…were covered with people NOT staying at the hotel (again..look at the pictures). The owner would walk out to the beach…look at them, not say anything, and turn right back around and go to her office.

After we were forced to stay here for 10 days, we decided to try some day trips. We asked the owner to recommend someone, she called up and quoted us a price for a tour. I walked down the sidewalk and found a tour company doing the same trip for 25.00 USD less. I asked myself “Why is she trying to overcharge us all the time!?!?”

The room itself was fine and nice. The cleaning ladies start ridiculously early, so don’t try and sleep in. The maids would knock and wait on our porch for us to hurry up and get out. You can sit on the porch and look at the gross beach….but you will be constantly hassled by people trying to sell bracelets, bowls and other junk. Trust me, this gets old after the first day.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, somewhere cheaper, somewhere with customer service and somewhere that will clean their beach. And don't forget...don't make a reservation you might regret.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank nsb4
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here in May 2007. I know I should have written a review a long time ago but am just doing it now. We still talk about this place and our trip to placencia all the time. This is a great place right on the beach. It was our first experience staying in what I call a cabana. Each room is it's own building. We chose the larger with kitchenette. It didn't have a/c but at night the breeze from the ocean would help cool it down along with the ceiling fan and standing fan. We did have the hotel do some laundry for us and it came our great. We will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Mrs.S.Jones
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Ranguana was a perfect place to stay for Lobsterfest weekend (very fun!!). The festival is a few minute walk away (only disadvantage being the live music that you can hear at night). The beach was nice and pretty much right outside of your door. Plenty of good food within a 3-10 minute walk. The staff was friendly. The Garden cabana that we stayed in was OK. Full kitchen, which was nice to keep water and snacks cool. Warm shower. Nice balcony to hang dry beach towels and swimsuits. It was quite hot at night, even with two standing fans blowing directly on us. (They advertise that some of the cabanas have AC.) The beach front cabanas I'm guessing have a better breeze. Overall, a pretty good stay.

Room Tip: Garden cabana was uncomfortable at night....go for the beach from cabana or one with AC.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kchasewilliams
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I had a wonderful stay at Ranguana. Cabanas are right on the beach with AC, fridge, microwave and great showers. Off season adds additional value! Ranguana's location right by town makes for easy access to Placencia's laid back and fun nightlife.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends