All reviews room service great location front desk basic hotel business hotel hotel restaurant other hotels i highly recommend this hotel per night comfortable rooms beautiful hotel close to the airport walking distance place to stay andres lobby shuttle
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I stayed in this hotel in Aug'18.

The Good.

1. Very polite, friendly, helpful front desk. 10/10. I congratulate senior manager for having a well behaved front desk!

2. decent internet.

3. decent bed.

4. netflix app fitted in TV.

5. complimentary water bottle provided.

6. Great location at walking distance from other hotels/restaurants

7. Great gym which i used!

8. When leaving hotel the hotel paid for my taxi as shuttle was not avbl!

9. Great AC.

10. good housekeeping. very polite ladies. I congratulate the GM for their good training!

11. Very good breakfast including eggs on order and capuccino on order!

The problems

1. The hotel does not have a airport pick up shuttle. I waited for it for 30 minutes before spending 10 usd on a taxi. The front desk told me, once must arrange with hotel before hand via email for a pick up!!! :-(
Pro tip :- However, one can take the shuttle of Radisson hotel whose bus is running continuously and its next door to this hotel!

2. The hot water in the room was dodgy! not continuous!

I hope you found the review, helpful? If you did, please do not forget to click on "review was helpful" tab.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sally M
Nancy C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Guatemala City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Courtyard Guatemala City.

We will work to improve in the services you mentioned.

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Guatemala City and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Guatemala City.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed in a suite which was much larger than I expected. The pull out sofa bed is small, possibly the size of a full bed, but felt more like a twin. Perfect for a child/teenager. The balcony was a nice and unexpected treat. The room feels modern and still looks new. There was a fire alarm at 9 am one day of my 7 night stay, but the front desk staff quickly answered my call and told me it was a false alarm. They were very courteous and apologetic. I experienced no other problems. I wished they had a pool but had a nicely appointed gym instead. The breakfast at the hotel was of very high quality and it varied from morning to morning. The fried sweet plantains were amazing and should not be skipped. The waiters were in point, very responsive, and treated me like family. I’m very pleased with their customer service. Andrea and Andres particularly were exceptional. The courtyard in the middle of the hotel is a lovely and relaxing area (photo attached). I will without a doubt stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Guatemala City. It was
truly a pleasure to serve you.

We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with
the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

1) Hotel is very close to the airport.
2) They have free airport pick up and drop shuttle, i used it for airport drop and it is every hour.
3) Nice lobby, good spacious and comfortable rooms.
4) They offer in room Spa Service
5) Good Spread of breakfast.
6) Nice Staff, good service at the Bar.
7) Easy check in and Check out
8) Only drawback is they do not have in room service, you order from room and need to come down to lobby to collect it.
9) there is a very good restaurant near the hotel beside the parking lot.

Would recommend to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 July 2018

We came to Guatemala for a wedding. We stayed at the Courtyard prior to the short ride to the wedding hotel in Antigua. The Courtyard room was excellent, the amenities like the fitness room, clean and convenient, and the hotel restaurant and bar wonderful. The staff were helpful, friendly and happy to take the time to speak to us at length. We would look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Guatemala City streets are bustling. A higher floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel premises are excellent! Very comfortable and clean rooms with a tasty breakfast included on the per night rate and a convenient location. Even traveling for business is a pleasure when the staff, the premises and the rooms are enjoyable.

I ♥️ the breakfast!