“Excellent Pasta and Meal”

Pecorino Ristorante
Ranked #41 of 654 Restaurants in Guatemala City
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Largest Restaurant Wine Cellar in Central America, brick oven, home made italian pasta, gnocchi, ravioli...etc. Out door seating, old world italian style established 2005
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I love good Pasta and often have a hard time finding it in Latin America. Pecorino's was a happy exception. The service was wonderful the location as well as the decor of the restaurant was beautiful and conducive to a delightful dinning experience. I had the penne with vodka sauce...the pasta was perfectly cooked and the sauce on point and delicious. I also enjoyed the fresh Italian bread before hand. I would glad come back many times over to explore their other offerings.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

It astounds me how many good Italian restaurants there are in Guatemala - certainly in Guatemala City, Antigua and Panajachel. Pecorino is the most elegant and expensive of the 3 we visited @ over Q300pp.The service was excellent and the food of a very high standard. The spaghetti prawns were very good but the prawns in rum(Ron Zacapa) did not justify the premium of over Q50 as you couldn't taste the rum or difference.The Clams , spinach ravioli and vegetarian pastas were also excellent. The starters of ham and mushrooms were excellent as were the desserts of tiramisu and panacotta . We were a party of eleven and the restaurant was able to give us a private area to have our meal together.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

The food is good, I will definitely come back. I had a 40 oz. bistecca alla fiorentina with my son, the potatoes were delicious.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

I read the reviews and decide to try it; this definitely is a must go restaurant in Guatemala City, the place is really nice, ideal for a romantic dinner, the food is spectacular great dish presentation, very good flavor.
Entree was a salmon carpaccio; main course: I had a Black Pasta (octopus with its ink fettuccine) my wife had a Penne a la Pescatore (Penne Pasta with shrimp, fish, calamari) both were perfectly cook.
We had a pannacotta desert that was really good.

Definitely if you are in town need to go.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

It is a great italian restaurant in zone 10 of Guatemala City. If you like to eat really nice italian style food it's the place to go.

Excelent wines, romantic scenarios, and a really fine food complemented with high cuality service.

Desserts are very tastefulls, I have not tried all of them but the bananas with brown sugar and the straw berries are one of a kind.

I recomend in this time of the year the "anacates" pizza, or just go and try "anacates" a mushroom that grows only in this region and in this time of the year.