Quetzalroo
US$99
US$114
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Guatemala(Guatemala City)
US$99
US$88
Barcelo Guatemala City(Guatemala City)
US$130
US$75
Hotels.com
Grand Tikal Futura Hotel(Guatemala City)
US$101
US$95
La Inmaculada Hotel(Guatemala City)
US$100
  • Pool
US$126
US$118
US$64
All reviewsbike tourprivate roomhomemade jamshis motherfamily run hosteltravel plansdelicious coffeethe financial districtguatemalan historyguate cityfelt like homefree breakfastguatemala triplake atitlanfelt safean early flightclose to the airport
Reviewed 18 March 2018

After 3 days to join Guatemala (cancellations, missing connected flights), what a joy to come to Quetzalroo! They picked me up at the airport, made sure I could eat something and welcomed me warmly. I felt like home.
I staid the first and the last day of my trip. The whole team was very kind and Marcos gave me lots of recommandations and god advices for my trip, just perfect! The last night, we had dinner all together. It was very nice and like family.
When I will go back to Guatemala, the place I'm going to return is Quetzalroo!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2018

This was my best experience in Guatemala City. We did the Cycling Tour with Marcus - it was just amazing to see the beauty of the city and learn much about the history of Guatemala. I recommend this trip to everybody. I'll do it again in some time :-) Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I only stayed one night before my flight out of Guatemala. The staff is really friendly and helpful the breakfast was good. I can highly recommend the bike tour, you see a lot and learn a lot about Guatemala. The hostel is close to the airport and they organise to drop you off there.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We stayed at Quetzalroo in December 2017 for two nights. The rooms are ok, the neighborhood is safe and the breakfast is ok (but don't expect a 2nd cup of coffee). However, the vibe is very poor, the is staff unfriendly and Marco is a crook.

We paid by MC however Marco offered that we could pay by cash and he would refund our credit card to help us dispose of surplus Quetzals before leaving the country at a decent exchange rate. Good deal right? Nope, he kept the cash and didn't process a refund. Had to fight for two months to get our money back. Totally bad move and he deserves to lose business for it.

Also, we were very excited about the bike tour but Marco was totally distracted with his cell phone and we were paraded to his favourite places for us to spend money and where he likely got a kickback. In fact, most "efforts" made by Marco seem to be about getting paid for introducing guests to other businesses.

Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

It's been a couple months since I visited Guatemala city for a personal trip and ended up staying an extra day:however, I'm glad it was at Quetzalroo! I wanted a secured place in the city and not far from the embassies with clean and affordable prices.
From Mr Alfonso who always had a smile and greeting to Amalia who helped with check in, to Carlotta and Hilda who kept the place very clean and cooked lunch upon request...always smiling and working hard. Mrs. Maria was very genuine and charming...always cheerful and engaging to see if all her guests were happy and offered assistance od necessary. Gaby was attentive and very deligent...serving breakfast and casual conversations but always willing to assist in whatever she could. As I mentioned I had to stay and extra day and without a valid ID in me to retrieve funds..Gaby was cheerfully willing to assist me with permission from Mrs Maria, of course, i truly appreciated their comprehension. Marcos was a fanatic of history and arts and politics but most importantly he wanted everyone to appreciate with the city had to offer. From food to architecture to the crafted beers...a true fan at heart for the love of his country. Last but not least Mr Antonio. My favorite person whom added the homely feel with his genuine conversations. He works the night shift...assisting with check ins and cooking great winners and also does drop offs starting at 4 am. Hard working man who loves what he does. Always cheerful and engaging. My experience there was truly amazing for the treatment and feel that I got from each individual and I will highly recommend this place. Thanks to all at Quetzalroo!!!

Deon.
Loved the rooftop view btw. Very chill place.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo