See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2016

I was looking for some place just for spending the night, close from the airport and didnt wanna spend to much money, and this place was perfect for it. Really close from the airport with free transportation, free wifi and breakfast included. Totally worth it!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
gabyostrich, Propietario at Hostal Los Volcanes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

It was great having you, hope to see you next time!!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Spent a wonderful night here the night before I flew out of Guatemala. Staff was very friendly, helpful, etc. Other guests were polite and quiet. Not too much noise even though it is within walking distance from the airport.

Great kitchen where you can cook for yourself, clean hostel, tv in room and general area and includes wifi, great experience overall. Would definitely stay again when flying in/out of Guatemala City. Shower was hot, facilities were clean.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
gabyostrich, Gerente at Hostal Los Volcanes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Thank you Trekhigh for your comment it was a pleasure to have you at Los Volcanes. Remember this is your house. See you soon!!!!

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Although they offer airport pickup, there is lack of communication with guests on HOW to be picked up. The manager told me to call or use WhatsApp to contact their hostel when I landed and was ready to be picked up. However, when I attempted to contact them, it did not work and I had to take a taxi to their hostel instead. When I told this to the worker when I got there, he didn't say sorry or anything. I found this to be very unprofessional compared to other hostels/hotels who offer a lot more assistance with guests arriving to the Guatemala City airport. For example, Dos Lunas and Patricia's B&B take the initiative to meet their guests at the airport when they land.

When I was taken to my room, it was a private room with private bathroom. But, I felt unsafe in it because it was secluded, located outside away from the other rooms and the main building. There were no other guests in sight, which felt spooky. Also, there were no lights around the room, so it was very dark at night. The room itself was okay; it had no towels, soap, or shampoo. I had to ask the front desk for them. It also didn't feel very clean. Furthermore, I did not feel like $30.50 USD was worth it for one night in this room as there was no WiFi in the room and hardly any other amenities.

The guy at the main desk helped me order food for dinner, which was nice. He also helped order a taxi for me the next morning to the Linea Dorada bus station. I wish there was 24-hr desk service though, b/c the next morning I had no idea how the taxi driver was meeting me or how to check-out. Also, they didn't offer a breakfast to-go option, which other competitor hostels/hotels offered for the same price.

Overall, for the price, I would not stay at this hostel again, nor recommend it to others, especially solo women travelers like myself. Unless you are already familiar with Guatemala City and don't need much assistance, I would choose another hostel instead for peace of mind.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Michele C

I´m sorry to read that. We asked you to call us, because the policies from the airport are that our van can not be park waiting for passengers, we used to wait until guest como out but they took too much time and the airport told us that we can not do that anymore. The private rooms are in the back to give guests more privacy.
We are located in a very secure suburb with police guards 24/7 and surveillance cameras.
The breakfast is served from 8 am to 11 am and we offer toast bread and coffee in case you are living before 8 am. I hope you have enjoyed the visit to Guatemala . Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Every time we have to spend time in Guatemala City, we choose to stay at Hostel Los Volcanes. No, we are not backpackers, not "typical" hostel types, we are retired and living here. But Los Vocanes meets all our needs. It is scrupulously clean, the management is open and friendly -- and speaks more than adequate English --, and prices are excellent. It is in a secured community, so going for walks is possible, even at night, within the area. Guatemala, like every other capital city, has neighborhoods that are unsavory, but we never feel it here.

The bed was good, but the pillows are harder than I like. We will continue to use this facility whenever we have to be in the area.

Room Tip: The big upstairs room has a huge private bathroom, is quieter than downstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda C

Thank you very much for your comment. Hope to see you next time you are in Guatemala City, Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Very cozy and clean ... We had a very good time and we are very pleased for all the attention and services received. We were surprised with all the care with both, the premises and the service, to ensure that guests have a very good experience and a relax time. I recommend and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Our room was awesome, but other guest told us their rooms were fine, so I think all the locations are a good choice.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clo A
gabyostrich, Gerente at Hostal Los Volcanes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

At Los Volcanes our main goal is to make you feel good and happy. Hope to see you soon!!!