All reviews beautiful hotel caravan tour infinity hot tub exotic birds gift shop tuk tuk gorgeous gardens the hotel shop view of the lake rose garden scarlet macaws nature reserve junior suite zip line every corner rooms are comfortable third floor
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel grounds and location are beautiful It was too bad that they put most of the gardens and the pool off limits to their Caravan Tour guests for one afternoon so that a local lady could have a private wedding. This same wedding had a reception band that included drumming that rocked the rooms forcing us to close the windows without a/c on a stifling evening. The music was so loud and sustained that my spouse had to take heart medication to try and counter it. Complaints to the front desk went unheeded; they just didn’t care. Locals rule.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 1Frogman
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I initially was not very happy when we arrive to our room; because we got the far corner top floor room. Little that I knew, that it turn out to be the best room. the view to the lake and the garden was spectacular! Additionally: when we open the balcony door we were immersed by the relaxing sound of a small stream just by the foundation of the hotel. We left the balcony door open all night. Were awaken by enchanted birds choir and the stream on the side of our bed.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have better view to the lake and hotel gardens.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angel M
Atencion Client... H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Atitlan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Thank you for sharing all your comments about your stay with us.

Certainly we thank you for your visit and you are invited to come back.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The best location you can find in the area. The gardens are beautiful and the view is breathtaking. The rooms are comfortable, fairly clean and well kept and maintained.

The one weakness though is the restaurant. In my own words, "the world of no" and not flexible at all. The menu is over rated and limited. The restaurant staff would greatly benefit with customer service training to learn how to stick to their rules while showing flexibility to customers. There are many ways to.say "no" while making the customer feel appreciated.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear:

We are taking care of all your comments and special care of the ones at the restaurant.

This certainly make us better, and of course, we will work on that.

Thank you again and we hope serving you in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We spent 3 nights there and good spend much more, room with lake view, dining room with lake view and very good food , service is great , garden is beautiful and you can send couple hours walking around , highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments and specially for decided to stay with us.

If you decide to come back, will be a pleasure keep serving you.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Hotel Atitlan looks very nice and trying to be the best one, with warmed outside pool and good maintained gardens.
But our experience with that hotel was terrible:
I requested to order double room for adult + kid and triple for 2 adults + 2 kids. I gave details of credit card and received order confirmation.
We arrived from the area of Semuc Champey at 2:30 am after more than 10 hours of driving with 3 small kids and difficult weather conditions. Because there is no reception 24/7, met us probably person of maintenance that can't give us solutions. He asked deposit physically my credit card in front desk until a morning, after the refuse he took open manual voucher. After that he gave us two double rooms (I ordered double and triple, prices I received for double and triple). I asked from order manager (by the phone) to get the rooms according the reservation, the person gave a key but the triple room has 3 single beds. I explained, this room does not suitable for four persons. He offered to take family suite (king size bed + 2 two-levels beds) with additional payment of 110 USD per night, I refused for additional payment. He gave me an option to take a suite with additional price (if I'm right I will pay triple room price if not full price) or to take triple room. I took a family suite. The rooms were without hot water we needed to wait 50 min. (during the night there is no hot water at hotel).
In the morning in my conversation with manager of orders he showed in confirmation was a note that triple will be with 2 double beds (but 2 double beds is regular double !!!! and a price was of triple (why??? If is double), maybe possible to think that count of person for breakfast, but breakfast is not include in the price of room [this price level of hotel and breakfast not include]).
After short conversation with reservations manger that didn’t give nothing, I requested to speak with hotel manager. The manager gave me bad explication and said that it was communication error and he can give me 10% discount from high price of the room, I refused his offer because the mistake was of them and they know what kind of room they have and needed explain that triple is not suitable for 4 per. He said his last offer is 20%, I didn’t agree. But he said to receptionist to make 20% and gone away.
But it's not end of the story, when I made checkout I saw the price higher. I said that there is a mistake and I would like to see the calculation. The rate of dollar US was Q7.78 when the official is Q7.34, I asked why the receptionist said is a rule and if I will change dollar in front desk, they give me a same rate? She said no and I can't make change there, just only in lobby shop with a rate of Q6.87. I didn’t agree pay in this rate and aske speak with a manger, reservation manger get inside his room and said Q7.35. After got out manger said to the receptionist "Give him 7.35 and that will go away".
It was my first and last time in this hotel, nice gardens and beautiful view is not enough!!!!!! All this story gives bad smell to so wounderful place.

Room Tip: Better choose another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mich-gur
Atencion Client... H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Atitlan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear;

Thank you for your comments and specially for all you mentioned on it.

We are revising all our procedures, and certainly we will take care of each of your inconveniences and be sure that we will correct it as soon we can.

All this help us to get better, and we will take special care of it.