Being a small and family owned and run resort with total guests being usually about 8-10 couples, it's hard to believe the service and amenities. For instance, rooms with a view (some extending over a cliff where you can sleep and listen to waves breaking under your window --most nights we slept with windows open and A/C off); breakfast in an open-air dining room, and cooked to order while hummingbirds feed outside your window; lunches served at the restaurant or beach bar, and excellent dinners from a wide menu (much more choice than you would expect from the resort size). The staff make every effort to please, and you're treated as a real guest--like family.
This was our third visit and hopefully not our last--each time has been more fun and enjoyable. The snorkeling (Tom takes the snorkel boat out twice daily, weather permitting) was excellent--beautiful coral and great visibility.
If you're looking for a super plush resort, this is not it; if you're looking for a small, friendly, beautiful, and relaxing visit with great snorkeling and beautiful natural surroundings, it would be hard to find anything better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Bay Islands