Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$98
TravelocityUS$98
Vio.comUS$98
Orbitz.comUS$98
HurbUS$98
TripadvisorUS$98
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2019

I had the most lovely stay here at the Hacienda San Lucas. They don't like calling it a hotel because they goal is to feel like family while you're there. Everything about this open-air property is special, from the food to the simple but carefully designed rooms to the staff and all the green surroundings. There is so much history to be found on this property and it's incredible that it has stayed within the family for so long. I really loved getting to know the owners. They are friendly and really want you to feel at home. At first there was some confusion when I checked in during a yoga summit event. There was another woman with a similar name to mine. For something that could've caused a problem, the staff was quick to remedy it and make sure my stay was perfect. I love to see a business work this well and always put their customers first. The food must be mentioned in this review. It was the best traditional food I had in all of Honduras. The tortillas are exquisite. All I want to do is go back and drink their soup! I was in heaven. I will miss sleeping under the stars at this hacienda but I know I'll be back. The owners told me themselves they'd love to host my wedding and I will take them up on that if I ever find my soulmate. So much love here! You really must visit. And make sure to catch the epic sunrise and sunset from their lookout point.

Room tip: Take bug repellant because there are mosquitos in the mountains.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank BiancaJadeTravels
Reviewed 18 May 2019

We heard that the hotel up on the hill in Copan has an amazing view but is pretty pricey so we decided to get drinks and enjoy the view. It was one of my favorite experiences during our 3 days in Copan. No idea on staying overnight or a meal but the view is worth it.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 13 April 2019

With a five star rating for this hacienda and great comments, our expectations were high, but unfortunately not completely fulfilled. The place has a lot of character, the personnel is very friendly (but hardly speaks English) and the food is excellent. The rooms however are very basic, with a small bathroom, no wardrobe to put away your clothes, and very little lighting.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2019 via mobile

I stayed 4 days and I happy that I did.
Good service a beautiful location (to say the least) with a lot of guacamayas, fairly close to the ruinas (10 min in a Tuktuk) very nice rooms and good food
The only small things would perhaps be the menue which is a bit on the small side if you like me stay a few days (however this is a small place so I can understand why) the other is the prices of the tuktuks that are about the double the going rates. I payed 100 lempiras to the ruins but when I took a ”normal” tuktuk back the price was only 60 (and im sure the local price would be closer to half that ie 1+ usd-annoying)
The Hacienda do not operate the tuktuks but I do feel that the drivers take advantage of the fact that they know this is a expesive place so you end up getting gringo price ++
All this said tough this place easily deserve its 5 stars.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2019

We enjoyed 2 nights at the property. We had a remodeled room just off the kitchen area that was a bit rustic but comfortable and very clean. The meals were very good and the bird watching in the front yard was another treat. We also appreciated the views of the lovely of the Copan valley and the glimpse of the ruins from the hill.

Note to those traveling by car: I suggest you arrive in Copan during daylight hours as the hotel is outside of the downtown area and with road construction currently underway it might take you a bit of extra time to ask directions, etc. This is not meant to discourage you, just allow 15 minutes or so once you get to Copan.

Room tip: We had a room off the kitchen area in the old part of the hacienda. It was fine.
Date of stay: February 2019