Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.comUS$98
Vio.comUS$98
TripadvisorUS$98
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2019 via mobile

This is our N-th time in Hacienda San Lucas and its charm, beautiful setting, and outstanding customer service never disappoint.

This is a secluded eco-boutique hotel in the hills of the beautiful Copán valley. Don’t expect the modern amenities that you can find in downtown Copán. But that’s exactly the point of this hotel.

If you want memorable views and sunsets, well crafted dinner and breakfast, and complete relaxation, then you have to visit HSL.

We are coming back later this fall/winter and looking forward to it!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank vivatrvl
HaciendaSanLucas, Gerente at Hotel Hacienda San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2019

Thank you for your kind words Ann, SL will always be your home in Copan. Looking forward for your next visit. Best regards, Abrazos

Reviewed 3 July 2019

I had the most lovely stay here at the Hacienda San Lucas. They don't like calling it a hotel because they goal is to feel like family while you're there. Everything about this open-air property is special, from the food to the simple but carefully designed rooms to the staff and all the green surroundings. There is so much history to be found on this property and it's incredible that it has stayed within the family for so long. I really loved getting to know the owners. They are friendly and really want you to feel at home. At first there was some confusion when I checked in during a yoga summit event. There was another woman with a similar name to mine. For something that could've caused a problem, the staff was quick to remedy it and make sure my stay was perfect. I love to see a business work this well and always put their customers first. The food must be mentioned in this review. It was the best traditional food I had in all of Honduras. The tortillas are exquisite. All I want to do is go back and drink their soup! I was in heaven. I will miss sleeping under the stars at this hacienda but I know I'll be back. The owners told me themselves they'd love to host my wedding and I will take them up on that if I ever find my soulmate. So much love here! You really must visit. And make sure to catch the epic sunrise and sunset from their lookout point.

Room tip: Take bug repellant because there are mosquitos in the mountains.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank BiancaJadeTravels
Reviewed 18 May 2019

We heard that the hotel up on the hill in Copan has an amazing view but is pretty pricey so we decided to get drinks and enjoy the view. It was one of my favorite experiences during our 3 days in Copan. No idea on staying overnight or a meal but the view is worth it.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 13 April 2019

With a five star rating for this hacienda and great comments, our expectations were high, but unfortunately not completely fulfilled. The place has a lot of character, the personnel is very friendly (but hardly speaks English) and the food is excellent. The rooms however are very basic, with a small bathroom, no wardrobe to put away your clothes, and very little lighting.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2019 via mobile

I stayed 4 days and I happy that I did.
Good service a beautiful location (to say the least) with a lot of guacamayas, fairly close to the ruinas (10 min in a Tuktuk) very nice rooms and good food
The only small things would perhaps be the menue which is a bit on the small side if you like me stay a few days (however this is a small place so I can understand why) the other is the prices of the tuktuks that are about the double the going rates. I payed 100 lempiras to the ruins but when I took a ”normal” tuktuk back the price was only 60 (and im sure the local price would be closer to half that ie 1+ usd-annoying)
The Hacienda do not operate the tuktuks but I do feel that the drivers take advantage of the fact that they know this is a expesive place so you end up getting gringo price ++
All this said tough this place easily deserve its 5 stars.

Date of stay: March 2019