“Bruch”

Ranked #11 of 422 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Grit is surrounded by thriving businesses. It’s filled with throngs of happy customers who know they’ll get a big delicious meal that just happens to be without meat. They know we’re not food snobs or health police. Only a small portion of our customers are vegetarian or vegan. Omnivores have always been fans, and we're old hands at satisfying the more carnivorous folks in Athens. They all know they can get freshly prepared, simple, wholesome food in generous servings. ontinually surprising people with how good vegetarian food can be keeps things fun, but often the surprise is ours. The level of customers’ devotion, the reach of The Grit’s reputation, the degree to which travelers and Athens expats tell us they yearn for Grit food, and the constant requests for our cookbook all continually surprise us. The Grit is small, but people keep showing their love and it makes us proud.
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Food was wonderful but had to wait almost an hour to get a table. I enjoyed their tabouli salad and my husband had loaded nachos. They were pretty good. Ambience is off beat and unique. It was a nice experience for a change.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Went for dessert with some girlfriends. We had a great time and really enjoyed the atmosphere. The coconut cream pie was my favorite. The cinnamon pie was also delicious.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

If you are a vegan or vegetarian, this is the place for you. It's not often my vegan daughter has options at a restaurant. Great variety on the menu. She got the gyro with sweet potato fries and loved every bite. I got the cheese and crunchy vegetable quesadilla and also enjoyed. We splurged with dessert since again my girl had options. Cake has very good. Two good size meals with tow desserts was under $30. Not bad.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Party of four adults for breakfast, weekday. Non of us vegetarians. Between various egg dishes and pancakes we all loved our orders. All-important coffee was loved by all. Only complaint was that otherwise helpful and friendly server a bit slow to refill our cups of joe, but as we were in no hurry, and enjoying all else, it did not diminish our enjoyment. Definite hippy vibe.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This is not a bad restaurant, but it is also not great. The food is okay, and the service is consistently slow. I'd recommend the Golden Bowl or the Hot Noodle Bowl, but I'd skip all the Middle-Eastern inspired items, which lack spices and flavor.