“Mixed Feelings ”

Ranked #11 of 422 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Grit is surrounded by thriving businesses. It’s filled with throngs of happy customers who know they’ll get a big delicious meal that just happens to be without meat. They know we’re not food snobs or health police. Only a small portion of our customers are vegetarian or vegan. Omnivores have always been fans, and we're old hands at satisfying the more carnivorous folks in Athens. They all know they can get freshly prepared, simple, wholesome food in generous servings. ontinually surprising people with how good vegetarian food can be keeps things fun, but often the surprise is ours. The level of customers’ devotion, the reach of The Grit’s reputation, the degree to which travelers and Athens expats tell us they yearn for Grit food, and the constant requests for our cookbook all continually surprise us. The Grit is small, but people keep showing their love and it makes us proud.
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Four of us went to The Grit for dinner. I had gotten the noodle bowl of the day. It was good, but not memorable. The waiter wasn’t very good, and maybe that had tainted my experience. I will probably try the restaurant again sometime, since my daughter, who lives in Athens, said that it is a good place to eat.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I love this place. It has good food and a real easy vibe. My meat-eating husband has even suggested that we go here. He loves the vegetarian Tofu Reuben Sandwich. It really is good. Truthfully, though, it's worth going to The Grit just for their desserts. The restaurant is all vegetarian with numerous vegan option and they also have gluten free items, If you can't find something you want to eat at The Grit, there is something seriously wrong with you. Parking is a slight challenge but definitely not a deal killer. The wait staff is really helpful and attentive. According to the husband, the beer is very cold.

1  Thank lawyerdaggett
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The food at the Grit is incredible. Prepare to eat a vegetarian meal, but also prepare for how quality the food and service is. A unique building and vibe that leaves you wanting to come back. (And don't forget, always get a desert here)

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Food was wonderful but had to wait almost an hour to get a table. I enjoyed their tabouli salad and my husband had loaded nachos. They were pretty good. Ambience is off beat and unique. It was a nice experience for a change.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Went for dessert with some girlfriends. We had a great time and really enjoyed the atmosphere. The coconut cream pie was my favorite. The cinnamon pie was also delicious.