“Excellant food did not disappoint”
Review of Mama's Boy

Mama's Boy
Ranked #4 of 452 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We are in town to tour campus. Asked our hotel staff where a great local place to eat breakfast and was directed here. The hotel shuttled us over (very easy). We were told we would have a 25 minute wait for a table but honestly it took around 15 minutes on a late Sunday morning. My daughter ordered a cinnamon roll for an appetizer. Ir was huge, beautiful and tasty with whipped cream strawberries and blueberries. It truly could have been a meal to itself. We ordered the bacon and smoked cheese scramble and a egg biscuit sandwich. The biscuits were perfect and again could have been a meal to itself. The eggs were coked well and the bacon not too fatty and not burnt. Great atmosphere. Great energy. The meal kept up full throughout the day that we really did not even need dinner. Great meal for under $20. Would definitely come back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I have to say that I was more than a little disappointed with Mama’s Boy restaurant as I had heard that this restaurant cooked up some of the finest breakfasts available. I just didn’t find anything on the menu “super appealing” or even very delicious about this restaurant, which leads me to believe that a new entry in the breakfast market in Athens could probably do a bang up business here. Crowded and noisy, some of the issues I noticed were plenty. For instance, the place is rather small and the ambience isn't readily apparent, which usually isn’t much of a problem for me if the food is good, but it’s just not. Biscuits were gigantic and cakey, not fluffy, and breaks the rule of never eating anything larger than your head. To be honest, I would probably recommend going elsewhere, especially if you are looking for a breakfast that satisfies and delights. This place just didn’t live up to its reputation for me.

2  Thank YellowGremlin
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We were visiting our kids in Athens and went here for Saturday morning Breakfast. The entire staff was super friendly to both us and our dog Beaux! The manager even brought him some bacon bits straight from the kitchen. The biscuits were amazing - but don't dare skip the Cinnamon roll - it's worth the calories. Great southern cooking with a warm family feel. Definitely be back next time we are in town.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Biscuits were unbelievable! Excellent service! I will certainly plan a return trip. My son and I ate brunch on a Saturday. It was a bit noisy and we had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated, but very much worth the wait.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Always a good meal but also always a wait. This last trip was no different. Bacon Egg and Cheese Scrambler is delicious. If you don't get a biscuit and jelly with any meal you're doing it wrong.

On this particular visit the wait outside and slow service inside might keep us from returning for a little while. Waiter a little rude to my wife and pretty slow. Lots of options around town with good food instead of going through that experience.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Mama's Boy? Share your experiences!