“Great for casual dining”

Big City Bread Cafe
Ranked #12 of 441 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A local family owned and operated restaurant two blocks out of downtown Athens serving affordable but high quality ingredients utilizing locally farmed produce and meats. All breads and pastries made in-house daily. Fabulous outdoor seating on an expansive courtyard. Welcoming to families with young children.
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We met friends, and even though it was 90+ degrees outside, we sat on the patio. The shade is so thick that we were not hot. It was quiet. The service was competent and friendly. We had two very good wines for a very good price (special prices on Wednesday?), and salads and a sandwich. The sandwich, similar to a Caprese salad, had tomato, mozzarella, and basil -- delicious!
A wonderful evening.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

A lovely, unpretentious, family oriented place in downtown Athens. Definitely not a sports bar or fraternity/sorority hangout! Good, very fresh, thoughtfully prepared & served dishes, done too fancy, but all good & wholesome without being ‘preachy’.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Enjoyed our brunch at Big City ... both breakfast and the pastries we ordered were all delicious! Only complaint was it was a 20 minute wait in line to order our food, and another 40 minutes before we received our food. If you're not in a hurry, than you should wait. Everything was very good!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This is a good place to go for a nice snack or meal. They have good quality ingredients and fresh baked goods. On a nice day, their patio is a great place to relax and enjoy a meal. Reasonable prices and tasty choices. They should have something for everyone.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

The 1st thing I was met with at the door was the cacophany of noise. Granted it was a Saturday morning but the noise level was uncomfortable. You self order at the counter, your given a number then try to find a seat. I was a little concerned I'd be eating my french toast on my lap because it was so crowded but a table opened up. My order was expensive for breakfast $15 for french toast an order of bacon (2) and orange juice. When my food arrived I was surprised it was actually french bread. DELICIOUS!! A lot of bread where i cut the ends off but very, very good. 4 stars because of the noise level.