Lowest prices for your stay
US$112
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$96
eDreams
Trip.comUS$112
All reviews rooftop bar security measures whiskey bar secure parking front desk order omelettes hotel amenities broad st omelette station housekeeping service two bedroom suite great hotel bed and pillows walking distance the check in process excellent breakfast recent stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked a 2 bedroom suite for a special occasion with close friends and family months in advance. When we arrived at 4pm (check in is 3pm) staff said the suite was not ready, 30 more minutes tops. I stood there for a minute struggling with my bag and getting awkwardly stared at by the clerks until I finally asked if we could store our bags somewhere until the suite was ready. They seemed to think that was a strange request but finally allowed us to stick them in a store room left wide open for anyone to wander into.

My friends and I wandered around for over an hour then went back to the Hyatt ready to decompress in the suite before heading out for dinner. Again, when we got there we weren't allowed to check in because they were still cleaning it. At no point did any staff apologize for the now 1.5 hour delay in getting into our suite. Fine. We were getting hungry so we found a place to eat some dinner. Two hours later we return and STILL are not allowed to check into the suite but it's "almost done". I'm fed up at this point, so me, my future mother-in-law, my soon-to-be stepdaughter and my best friend, who had flown in from South Dakota for this trip, park ourselves in the couches by the front desk and wait. 30 more minutes pass and we finally are told the room is ready! YAY! - not.

When we open door to the suite we're bombarded with bleach fumes. The bathroom floor had straight bleach poured and left on the floor. For some brilliant reason (I'm sure) there is no fan in the bathroom so the bleach fumes were just lingering and after about 5 minutes we're all coughing. During this time, we had wandered around the suite to check it out, there were several nasty wine glasses that were in the cabinets, they still have wine residue and lip stick on the rims! The dishwasher was running when we came in, when I opened it the only things inside was a wine glass and a coffee saucer. I called the front desk and got no apology, but they'd send someone to look at it. We had to get out of the room due to the bleach smell. When we came back hours later someone had removed all the glasses and it looked like they used a towel to wipe the floor and that's it. Ridiculous. Then during check out they charged me twice. Still waiting for the charge to come off. Breakfast was also a joke, french toast was hard as a rock. Save your money and your time, don't stay here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was completely book and we worried about it being noisy. The room was clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. We had the complimentary breakfast and the eggs were not great but I was nice to be able to grab something before we headed out to our event. The location is downtown so there are several other dining options near by. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a Hyatt but I would recommend this one without hesitation.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Checkin was quick and amazing. I loved the rooms, spacious and “techy”. The curtains are automatic from a push of a button, great location in Downtown Augusta, ample parking, I had a lovely view, and the shower was to die for.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As someone who stays primarily in luxury hotels, I would not consider this to be one especially for the price point. I will say that it was a nicely appointed and clean hotel with a welcoming lobby, though.
As far as what could be improved, it was disappointing to know that the room was unavailable for a check in until later because it wasn’t clean and then the rooftop bar was closed because of a private event. So rather than relax on the rooftop and wait for the room I had to go and find something else to do.

Also I needed a quiet space and requested a non-adjoining room and got put in an adjoining room where the guests were incredibly loud almost all through the night and the walls are paper thin so I got very little sleep. Because they had a wedding booked I’m assuming the rooms were full which may have been why I got an adjoining room. However, I really needed a quiet getaway and that was highly disappointing and is the reason why I wouldn’t stay at the hotel again.

The location is a great location though with many restaurants and shops within literal walking distance.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a newer property (from our driving around, it may be the newest in the area). We enjoyed our stay. All the staff was friendly, and always seemed upbeat, even though I am sure they are stretched thin, like all service industries now. The only disappointing thing was not being able to open a window, but that is in the building design, and not in how it is run. Keep up the good work Hyatt House Augusta!

Date of stay: May 2021
Jamie Corley, General Manager at Hyatt House Augusta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review, thank you for staying with us.