“Southern Hospitality, Cleanliness, and Great Beds!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch
Ranked #11 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I am very familiar with this area, yet I was unaware of this hotel tucked away from the bustle of Washington Road. It’s close to everything while still giving you the privacy and quiet you need to truly relax. It only took me 9 minutes to get to my event in the downtown area of Broad Street. At check-in, the staff was super kind and helpful. Upon entering, I noticed the cleanliness of the establishment. It smelled super fresh! That is always a thumbs up for me, lol. I noticed a lot of families checking in with kids anxious to jump in the pool. When I got to my room, I was again pleasantly surprised at the space of my room. I was given a king suite for the weekend and it was HUGE! It included an almost full kitchen, two bathrooms, living room with sleeper sofa, and working area. There was also tons of comfortable seating in the suite. Of course my mind was rolling with ideas of “Girls Night” events that would be perfect for that space!

What I enjoyed most during my stay was the bed! Yes! The bed was everything. You have no idea how bad your own bed is until you lie down in a bed like this. Friday evening, I slept so soundly and comfortably that I did not want to leave the bed Saturday morning for breakfast. I was able to pull myself out just before the end of breakfast. Good thing too, because the waffles were delicious.

All in all, this is a great location for a stay that is only steps away from the action, but far away enough to actually relax.

Room Tip: The suites are large and feel like a tiny apartment.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Best B, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you so very much for your fabulous review! We appreciate your kind words and your enthusiasm for our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, we agree, we have a great location and proximity to downtown Augusta, as well as the short distance from the hotel to all the restaurants on Washington Road. We're glad you enjoyed your accommodations and your good night's sleep--all of our beds are new! We hope that when you next visit the Augusta area that you will choose to stay with us. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.

Kim Gibbons
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2017

This was a good hotel- clean room with breakfast provided. Had 1 issue- reservations were made over the phone but never received the promised email with confirmation numbers. Then when I called I got the confirmation numbers but still couldn't access the reservation (3 of them on line) on the web- site.
Staff very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Best B, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you for your review, we're glad you liked our accommodations and breakfast. We apologize, we should have been able to confirm your reservations with an email. Thanks for your comment about our staff, we all work hard to deliver 'hometown hospitality' on a daily basis. We hope the next time you visit Augusta that you will choose to stay with us.

Kanta K.R. Kondur
Owner/General Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Deonne - regional manager was people friendly, listened intently and offered acceptable compensation for issue. Reggie, Geneva and Jackie was exceptionally. Friendly, listened accommodated within their abilities. Kanta Kondur the owner was other condescending. And unforeseen emergency occurred water circuited blow. "NO Water" for many hours. What was the best compensation for the circumstances by owner employee rate. Of course there were many other hotels in the area. Breakfast hours should be extended to 10 am instead of 9. Without conditions that occurred I would recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: Rooms were roomy and descent.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments about our staff, we appreciate it. We are sorry that we were unable to deliver hot water during your visit, one of the units failed, as you know. Unfortunately this happened and with no notice. We discounted your rate to compensate for the inconvenience; we are sorry if you feel this was an inadequate response. We hope that when your travels bring you to our area in the future, that you will give our hotel another try.

Kim Gibbons
Sales & Marketing Manager

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I have stayed in this location before and have always been pleased with our stay except for breakfast. The breakfast could use a little meat and perhaps boiled eggs.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Best B, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your comments about our breakfast. We hope to see you in the future.

Kanta K.R. Kondur
Owner/General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
0.1 km away
1.5 km away
West Bank Inn
West Bank Inn
#17 of 85 in Augusta

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Riverwatch? Share your experiences!