“Great location, underwhelming food”
Review of Wailua Marina Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Location was great and the patio was spacious and had a good view of the river. I came for lunch and was 1 of 3 people in this large restuarant. I had the stuffed pork chop off the dinner menu. I found the salad soggy and old (likely from a bag). Likewise, I don't think there was anything fresh in my whole meal. Corn was canned, mashed potatoes pre-packaged, and I'm pretty sure my pork chop (which wasn't horrible) had been cooked days before and just hit the microwave. Plate was smothered in packaged gravy. It was a large portion though. Better food at the local bbq takeout stands.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We sat on the patio with a nice view of the river. The servers were attentive, but the food was not great. Basic bland salad bar with watery lettuce, Entrees were below average. Too bad because the service and view were good.

1  Thank TucsonGal47
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My meal was good as it hit the spot. It was just what I wanted. I skipped the salad and was offered a substitute to my liking. The server was very nice and our group all were very happy we stopped at the Wailua Marina Restaurant. I was 5,000 miles from home but this place however, made me feel at home. What I will never forget is the beauty all around me. I was seated on a porch or deck and I sat along the railing. I threw some small bread crumbs out over the rail to the birds below. After a few minutes colorful small birds landed on the rail as I placed crumbs there. Shortly later I had a few birds eating from my hand. Being a bird lover I was thrilled that I could eat so close to nature in a wonderful setting. I am sure I was not supposed to attract the birds but they were well behaved and so was I. Once again I imagined this place is what heaven must be like. Delightful food, attentive servers, and a setting that would make the angels jealous. Did I mention how good the food was?

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is an old local restaurant right on the Wailua River so eat on the patio. It is closed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On the weekends call to make sure they aren't closed for a private party. They do not serve alcoholic beverages but allow you to bring your own beer or wine at no charge.
They have a small, but nice, salad bar that is included with most entrees. Their fresh catch is very fresh and usually excellent. My favorite is Ahi, cooked Teri Style. They have a mix of entrees with one of the favorites a Stuffed Pork Chop.
For a reasonably priced dinner with some of the old Hawaii feeling, it is a good choice. Just don't expect fancy.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

The salad bar looked good but I couldn't get over the flies and the food was so greasy. The view was pretty and our server was decent but would not go back