“need an upgrade on staff and food, high priced!!”
Review of Wailua Marina Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2015

Prices went up, staff don't even talk. Only one guy that took our order spoke. Terrible service. Food are small portion. So 10 min into my dinner found a piece of grill brush on my chicken that had been grilled. So I did not enjoy that. My opinion the place needs to be renovated the workers need to be trained better. And also its not welcomed when they have a table of family members that sit in the dining area like there at home. I've been here many times before and this will be the last. Sorry. So they didn't charge me for my meal. When we got the check, they wrote " didn't want grill brush in food". I thought that was irrelevant, what they should have said was "we apologize for that happening". I want to say "who would want pieces of grill brush in their food". So honestly it's kind of scary to walk in a place that's like wailua marina. Not a busy place at all. We're local here and a tourist couple came in and was seated and not even 10 min. They walked out . So unless you like the food and being ignored, then it's the place for you. Enjoy.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

Okay, it's not the Waldorf. And the last few times I was there they lost their liquor license and we had to bring out own bottle, which, in the end is less expensive if more trouble. However, you can sit by the river and watch the boats on the way to and from the grotto. And the ground steak platter, to me is divine. Gravy. Mashed potatoes, canned green beans. I've had it about 20 times, and every time I'm in Kauai my wife and I go back. Watch out though. Once I ordered the CHOPPED steak and got something. What can I say. It's comfort food and sometimes it's better than a fancy restaurant.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

Our local friends took us here in 1978. It's on our list whenever we visit Kauai. A place of memories back from the 1970's. We even get the same servers we have had in the past 36 years! Teriyaki is the best!! Macadamia cream pie is to die for!!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This restaurant has been here for at least 25 years. We have been eating here for over 20. It is just a shell of it's former self but we still enjoy it. Overlooking the Wailua River, it reminds us of old Hawaii. They do not serve alcohol but there is no charge for bringing your own wine or beer. Menu is basically unchanged and not fancy. You get a small, but nice, Salad Bar and their Blue Cheese Dressing is my all time favorite. They always have at least 1 fresh Fish and the price is OK, usually around $29.00 which is low for this island. I have it Teri Style with rice. A lot of people order the stuffed Pork Chop which is nice and quite large. They also have a lot of local dishes on the menu. Not a fancy place but scenic and fun.

1  Thank Golf-Pops
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We enjoyed the view along the river and watched water skiers as we dined on the patio. It was a lovely scene. The chicken teriyaki, the teriyaki ribs and the mahi mahi were quite good. The salad bar was fresh and plentiful. This is an great place to dine. We return here yearly and the food is not expensive and very good. It can be tricky to find, but it's worth finding!