“Stay away. Food is so so and expensive”

Hanalei Wake-Up Cafe
Ranked #345 of 560 Restaurants in Kauai
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Easy to find but the workers need to learn how to deal pleasantly with their patrons.
Th only thing good was their cinnamon Danish.
Their eggs looked like their were laid nmby a pigmy chicken. It appeared as if the one egg was cut in half though it was supposed to be two eggs.
My wife ask d for onions and a tomato and was told you can have one or the other but not both.
I got up to take ketchup and was asked to sit down . I was waiting almost 5 minutes for the waitress to appear to ask for ketchup
I would stay away

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Gosh - with a great location, they could do so much better! Food was average. Not inspired or interesting. With some creativity, this place could corner the breakfast market in Hanalai!!!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

went for breakfast one morning and since my wife decided to sleep in, asked to have some pancakes to go, when I finished my breakfast. Was told by the chef, "they don't make breakfast to go", and finally after discussing "why not' with her, she agreed to make me a breakfast burrito to go. Food was overpriced and not very good, and i was the only customer the entire time I was there. That should have been my first clue!

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We came here after reading several 4-5 star reviews. Our experience was way different. The waitress was very rude. Food is very expensive. Coffee is $4 and good luck getting a refill. She came to the table 3 times to get our order, bring our food, and bring our check. We ordered a side of bacon ($4) and described how we like it cooked (not hard/burnt). We later saw her drop off our burnt bacon at another table that didn’t order bacon. Small portions of food. $35 later and still hungry. Don’t go here.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

It's a small place with a limited menu--but fun and good. We love to sit outside on the balcony facing the main street of Hanalei. Their cinnamon-macadamia nut muffin at $5 is my very favorite.