“Not my choice for next visit”

Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Arlington Heights
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel at the last minute traveling for a family funeral. Our flight was delayed & we were not given a requested room upon arrival or the next day.
Front desk staff was not helpful but we contacted Marriott directly. We finally connected with the operations manager who was sympathetic & effective.
The front section of the hotel is quite loud at night if you keep your windows open ( expressway sounds). Not a big air conditioning fan so this proved to be problematic. When we were finally moved, our room wasn't cleaned the day of our stay when we returned.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank CoastalivingMaggie
Karolina S, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Dear seeversmd6150,
I have shared your feedback with my team and they were truly concerned. As always we will learn from your response. Safe travels!

Reviewed 24 May 2016

This hotel is located right off I-90 west of O'Hare airport. It took us about 20 minutes from the rental car facility at O'Hare to the hotel.
The hotel room is nice. We had a suite #346 which was very quiet. Small bathroom but everything else in the room was nice and functional including a fridge.
The hotel property itself is also nice, well maintained and in working order; it's the staff that needs a refresher in customer service
Upon check-in our room was not ready. No big deal. Front desk clerk took my cell # but never heard back. Upon returning to the hotel it was starting all over again as if I had never been there earlier.
Inquiring about the hotel shuttle I was told it was booked for various wedding parties the whole night. I said we are literally going down the road a mile perhaps the shuttle can drive us there or we can hop on the wedding shuttle during one of its multiple runs? I was told no that it was paid for by the wedding party. I said I thought it was a complimentary shuttle and didn't know you had to pay. I didn't know that was an option. Then I was questioned as to why I was asking so late that I should have arranged for the shuttle earlier. Thank goodness Uber exists.
The bar was not open at 4 on a Saturday and when I asked to get some wine the woman behind the counter, clearly annoyed that I had disturbed her, told me she couldn't help me now and was just setting things up and to come back later.
These are minor complaints in the big picture but still it made me feel bad as if I was doing something wrong and as if I were bothering the staff. Being a bit more accommodating and not confrontational goes a long way..
No need to return here with other options in the area.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Brklynrider
Karolina S, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Dear Brklynrider,
Thank you for posting your review. I completely understand your surprise with our inability to provide complimentary transportation. Our transportation is based on availability and occasionally we may be booked for an extended time which will cause inconvenience to other guest. I will also share your observation with our bar attendant. Comments like yours are greatly appreciated. You provided us with great direction and helped us to refocus on service training.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed a single night in this Courtyard. Surprisingly poor service (even for a Sunday night stay). One of the pillows had a dirty case on it. One towel for two people in a room. Given one room key for two people. The Bar-snack center was closed by 7PM (I guess Chicago land closes early now a days). Equivalent to a stay in a much cheaper lesser known brand. Does the manager even work on the week ends?

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Sam P

Dear Sam P

Thank you kindly for your review. Please accept my apology for cleanness issues that you found in your room. Surely it will be immediately addressed. Yes – you are correct… Sunday evening was extremely slow so we decided to close our Bistro to replace the entire ceiling in the back of the kitchen. It was simply impossible to do it earlier during the day as our breakfasts are extremely busy. I apologize that I missed you on Sunday… Together with my assistant, we both work every single Saturday and Sunday but in the morning.

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to post your review.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Happen to stay here twice recently

The hotel was very good and the courtyard was beautiful. Very close to the highway and about 15 min to Chicago Airport.

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. If you got a suite, the courtyard view was very good.

The bistro was quite busy in the morning so the waiting time for your breakfast may be long...

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Their welcome greeting was one of the most enthusiastic I've ever seen. Checking was quick and easy. The hotel entrance from the inside was quite nice with the updated lobby. From the outside parking lot your car headlights would shine directly into people's rooms. The idea of someone being able to knock on my hotel window at night is a no-go, so be sure to get a higher room (mostly 2nd) floor. The room itself was okay. I didn't understand why the coffee maker was in the closet. I wish they had an extra blanket in there as well, which seems common in other hotels. Breakfast downstairs at their bistro bar was better than expected. It's an overall very good hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family