Tripadvisor had a program that if we booked a hotel room through them and then do a review we would get a premium. I am a sucker for premiums and as opposed to going directly to the hotel we used booking.com. BIG MISTAKE!! We booked a month in advance and gave our credit card with the understanding that if we canceled that there would be a $75 charge. That should have been a warning. We had no intention of changing, however the fine is concerning. Two days prior to arriving I contacted the hotel with the hope of getting a room near the pool, with our reservation, I had the appropriate booking number. They had no record of the reservation...UGH Get me The Manager! Still no luck. They asked how I set the reservation and I said through Tripadvisor and Booking.com. Courtyard gave me the phone numbers for both. I called Booking.com and after 45 minutes with them calling the hotel while I was on hold, and again going to the manager who agreed to send me an email stating that I would not a $75 fee as their resolve to the issue. They said that they (customer service) could not reinstate a reservation and I should go back to reservations and rebook the room. NOT LIKELY. I called the hotel directly and booked the room at the same prices with out asking for a deal. Thumbs up for the Marriott Courtyard South in Arlington Heights and Thumbs Down for Booking.com. I suggest that TripAdvisor reconsider their relationship with Booking.com.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/South Hotel Arlington Heights
- Courtyard Arlington Heights
- Arlington Heights Courtyard
- Arlington Heights Marriott