“Wonderful Mexican Restaurant Multiple Moles”
Review of Salsa 17

Salsa 17
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vail Ave & Dunton Ave
Description: Experience Mexico in the Heart of Downtown Arlington Heights!
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Really enjoy Quality food, Great prices, Multiple Moles... Yes the Guacamole prepared table side is excellent So are salsa and chips

Restaurant can be a bit noisy so we go earlier in the evening

Brought to table 5 varieties of mole sauces (think pesto for Italian) 4 of the 5 with chocolate base.. one with pistachio, one white chocolate and fruit, one more dark chocolate with a more smoky flavor, one red salsa but thick w/o chocolate

Love the chile relleno with unique mole rather than ranchero for $6 just remarkable $4 Platanos Caramel sauce.. a bit softer sauce rather than crunchier

Free Fajitas with Chicken and Shrimp for birthday and 5 Stars connection app

We ordered wisely and still had food to carry out... great value for above normal quality

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We enjoyed our Saturday evening dinner visit, primarily because the food was authentic. It's easy to find Mexican food, but it isn't easy to find a place that makes an effort to make the food authentic. Salsa 17 makes that effort. We shared a (huge!) burrito, queso fundido, and table-side guacamole. The service was good, the price was fair, and the decor was fun. We will return.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

I was given a gift certificate years ago for my birthday and came across it recently. I called to make sure it was still good (in Illinois is is now illegal to put an expiration on a gift card. Mine had none, but I was making sure.) I was told it was still good, as it is the same restaurant. We ate, and when we went to pay, they refused to honor the gift certificate because it was issued before the new owners took over. The manager that night, it turned out, was the owners son and he called his father and was told not to accept it under any circumstance. He said that they don't know who issued it (there's a serial number and signature not it) and went on to suggest that WE or "anyone" could have just made this certificate up! So we don't get to use a gift certificate that my friend paid for, we get no free drink offered to help make up for it, and now we are being accused of illegal activity??? I DON'T THINK SO! This is NOT the way to deal with customers. I will now be contacting the State's Attorney General's Office to get some justice. It is not the value of the gift card, it is the principle of the matter. I will be telling everyone I know about my experience at this family owned restaurant. (I also contacted the owner directly, and have not gotten a response.) After all is said and done, the drinks were good but very pricey, and the food was very average.

4  Thank sue15843
Reviewed 8 March 2017

My wife and I ate here after a doctor's appointment, as it was convenient to our location. Not knowing what to expect, we were more than pleasantly surprised! The food was fresh, flavorful, and fantastic! Crab cakes as an appetizer were superb! Crunchy outside and beautiful crab on the interior. My wife had a burrito fajita, and I had lamb chops in a mole sauce, and again, everything was superb. Even the salsa with the chips was beyond awesome! Great ambience and service as well!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Good fresh authentic Mexican food with pleasant waiters and the RestrauNt had great abviance . Drinks were pricey, but meals are enough to split .