“Lovely hotel - great location”

Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Algiers
Reviewed 16 June 2017

On business trip here - my second time in this hotel, and it didn't dissapoint. The pool area is lovely, and the food in the restaurant as good as any I've had in the world. The only dissapointment was having to constantly ask for more coffee pods, as 2 is never enough.

Room Tip: Higher up is better, as always
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank logoff
LUC L, Directeur général at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear Logoff,

We would like to thank you for this kind review & look forward to see you again at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden.

Bests,

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Well placed, quite cosy, great restaurant, great breakfast, rooms spacy enough with Desk to work on, could benefit from a little lift, Bed Ok, wifi Ok, bathroom could benefit also from a new lift but still OK and clean.
I did not us the swimming pool nor teh Gym faciliuty but passed by and it looked really good.
Personel extremely pleasant, polite and helpful.

Room Tip: I think it is quite pricy for the country, with european prices.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
LUC L, Directeur général at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Arnaud C,

We're very grateful to read your comment on TripAdvisor, all our heartists are very happy to read this,
We do hope to see you again at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden and see you enjoy all the leisure part with the swimming-pool & sauna facilities,

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Been traveling in Algiers for a while and tested all high range hotels and this one is definitely the best - at least for business trips.
Sheraton is ok but less nice and warm and far for the city during peak trafic time.
Anyway the Sofitel is great. Rooms are good, bed and pillow are excellent, bathroom clean and comfy (mine was worse than last time, in terms of joins)
Food is ok
Service is good
Pool and gym are good
Free shuttle from the airport
Will continue to go there

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
LUC L, Directeur général at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear GmeSni,

We would like to thank your for posting your kind review on TripAdvisor,
We hope that your stay was enjoyable at every step & we really hope to host you again for your next stay at the heart of Algiers the White,

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Very nice hotel and probably the best in Algiers; I really enjoyed it, because the room was proper and with all necessities. The staff was friendly and professional and the pool was just perfect.
Not in the center, but just at the "Botanic Garden" and close to the monument on the hill. I like that the Metro station is close to the hotel. Metro is cheap, secure and clean and brings you directly into the centre (Grand poste).

The price for the restaurants are on the upper level for Algier. The main restaurant has a good buffet but too expensive, the a-la cart food was not really good. In the Algerian restaurant I had a disappointing lamb food, dry and hard. The service and food in the Azzuro restaurant was excellent, by far the best. Congratulation to Hamid and his team, fantastic and recommendable.
Also a compliment to the staff of the breakfast buffet; very friendly and professional.

free drinks from the minibar; fantastic, was really helpful with the heat outside.
Excellent quality of the free WIFI, at all places in the hotel.

Airport Shuttle; excellent service, but you need to know where the shuttle will stop; don`t wait at the hotel-bus station (navette hotel) this is out of service; go to the hotel desk in the airport and the lady will show you where to wait. once per hour.

Room Tip: I preferred a room on the 3rd floor, because you can walk easily out to the nice pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Marcel_C_ZH
Luc L, Directeur général at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Marcel_C_ZH,
We would like to thank you for this kind review,
Indeed, being at the heart of Algiers with a magnificient surrounding ( Fine Arts Museum, Jardin d'Essai and more to discover ),
We hope to host you again at the heart of Algiers the Whitte for another beautiful experience,

Bests,

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I spent three nights in an executive room for a business trip. Check-in was a breeze but I had not been warned that executive rooms enjoy a specific front desk service at the executive level (4th floor) where I could have gone directly. The hotel is modern and offers a very safe and secure environment. With only three elevators, and so many levels and rooms, waiting time for lifts could anyhow be long, especially when conventions participants all used them at the same time. My room exhibited the usual Sofitel design and all the facilities expected. Wi-fi and AC worked well. The free mini-bar drinks were appreciated, with frequent refills. I was offered a basket of fresh fruits on arrival, but no silverware was provided which made eating some pieces quite challenging or even impossible (kiwi...). Some parts of furniture also seemed a little bit run down (scratches) but nothing serious. I found the room noisy when people at higher levels flushed their toilets. More important, the hotel seems to be a victim of the disappointing level of service Algeria is famous for. When I entered my room, three light bulbs were burnt, and my bed sheet had disgusting stains on the top of it (see picture). On my second day, turndown service and its shoe shining service were not provided; on the same day, one towel was missing in my bathroom; and the list goes on. I must admit that, as soon as staff was informed, it dealt with these problems: a maintenance guy came and replaced the light bulbs; my bed sheets were changed; and so on. I would like to praise management (and especially Mr Zerrouki Fethi) for this ability to react, but so many problems should not occur in the first place. They do not reflect what Sofitel service is meant to be. The hotel directory in the room was also obsolete, presenting for instance the gourmet restaurant “Le Continental” which no longer exists and has been replaced by “Azzuro” (the phones also had wrong pre-set labels). As regards food, I took breakfast in both the executive lounge (a quiet environment, with great views on Algiers' bay) and the traditional breakfast restaurant which was much less pleasant (crowdy, noisy...) but with many more options on the buffet: hot meals for instance. I had dinner at the Azzuro Italian restaurant (excellent food, and a good choice of Algerian and French wines) and I also used the dinner buffet at the breakfast restaurant (good value in my opinion). The bar in the front lobby serves the most excellent drinks I have ever had in a Sofitel. And the pool and sundeck met my needs when I wanted to exercise or relax. To conclude, can you find a better hotel in Algiers? I do not think so. But be prepared not to get the same level of service as in Sofitel properties located in other countries.

Room Tip: Views on the garden are better
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Eric_Beylon
Luc L, Directeur général at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear Eric_Beylon,

We would like to thank you for your detailed review and we hope that you enjoyed your stay even if many details had darken your experience.
We work everyday to improve our service and comments like yours make us aware of many situations,
We really hope to host you again & make you feel more valued & more welcomed once at the Hotel Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden,