“Best restaurant in town”

Tantra Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #7 of 357 Restaurants in Algiers
Price range: US$40 - US$45
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

A very good restaurant probably rated as the number 1 in Algiers...
It does not come cheap...but definitely the place to impress business partners...

1  Thank Ahmed E
kamal o, Owner at Tantra Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you for your gracious review, glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

The place has great food and with good service and classy atmosphere. It only serve dinner at 8:00 PM and doesn't serve lunch regularly. I would have given it 5 stars if it's open all day.

1  Thank Omar A

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Pleased to hear that you appreciate our food and service. We are open six days a week, Sunday - Friday, 12noon - 15:00 and 18:00 - 12midnight.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Attentive but the food wasn't that great. I ate alone so the vibe was so great. The staff don't speak English and my French isn't so technical.

2  Thank HFza

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced a language barrier. While it is true that not all of our staff are fluent in English, we have members staff who speak English and trained in London. Please know that you can always request an English speaking member of staff if you feel your French is a bit rusty. We are always happy to help and accommodate any request as best we can. We can also offer recommendations of which dishes you might like best.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I had dinner yesterday there. I started with an excellent "Langoustines' velouté". This is definitelly a MUST try! ... then I had veal medaillon with truffles and sauce... very good also indeed with a Koutoubia excellent red wine. I'll be happy to go there back...

1  Thank Arno75116

Thank you for your lovely review.

So happy to hear that you had a pleasant evening and enjoyed your meal. You are an excellent guest and are welcome anytime. I hope to see you again very soon so we can have another friendly chat.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

The Manager spoiled the taste of the food by his extremely rude and arrogant behaviour.
We had finished our Business dinner and were forced to pay cash as their Card payment machine was not working.
After making our payments we approached the Restaurant Manager to know the reason for insisting on Cash payments.
Highly NOT RECOMMENDED place !!!

1  Thank Ragji

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I apologised the night of your dinner that the card machines were not responding. Unfortunately this happens from time to time. I did my best to rectify the situation. It was a shame that your evening, which had been more than satisfactory up to that point, turned sour as a result of the payment difficulties.

While I am able to accept payment in foreign currency in these situations, by law I must apply the banks' exchange rates. The situation need not have escalated if you had not continued to insist I exchange at the parallel rate. You were understandably frustrated, but sadly unwilling to accept my explanation and the offered solution.

Although you followed through on your threats to write a bad review, I hope that you do not follow through on your threats never to visit us again. We would like to welcome you back again in future.