Argana Hotel(Agadir)
US$92
US$72
  • Pool
Atlantica Ifri Surf Accommodation(Tamraght)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 23/07
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$155
Travelocity
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Aferni Hotel(Agadir)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$28
US$422
clubmed.us
US$1,128
bedfinder
Aloha Surf Camp Maroc(Tamraght)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
2,629 results
All reviewsla caravanepool arearose petalsmint teasister hotel next doorprivate beachhalf boardspecial thanksbeautiful hotelpool staffevery eveninglarge poolsun loungerscrepesmoroccan stylebreakfast and dinnerbuffet restaurant
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

7 night stay...exceptional location...But...I think it really lets itself down with
1. Quality of Staff....Front of house disinterested and not at the right level..But, guys serving all day in the heat and in Ramadan by the pool brilliant....
2. Equipment...Key cards constantly not working. I reported it (my father in law was 72 and had to keep going back to reception) The staff 'robots' Must be your fault, near the mobile, near the cards etc....
3, Check in: great idea...but took too long.
4. Breakfast was fantastic, great quality and choice
5. Surroundings Hotel itself: was excellent, rooms spacious, beautiful greenery and could not beat where it is situated.

All in all it was a fantastic stay but a little more time on quality of front of house staff would help

Stayed: June 2018
H5707, Directeur général at Hotel Sofitel Agadir Royal Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. We take your advice with greatpleasure. We are working everyday to improve our service. Thank you once again.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future in our beautiful hotel .

Director Sofitel Agadir

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just got back from Agadir and had to write this review on what a lovely hotel this was. I will first speak on the good points and then some of the bad points.
Beautiful reception, all authentic morrocan style, so a very good impression. arrived here late as flight was delayed to be greeted by WAFA who was very sweet and asked us to take a seat while we were served mint morrocan tea with biscuits. We were asked for a card as security and to authorise £650 as a deposit which we were totally shocked at luckily my daughter had her credit card with her. Even though we were late checking in both our rooms were not ready which surprised us. 40mins later Eventually told that one of our rooms 304 was ready and that we could go upstairs. The other room 305 would be ready in an hour and to come down and collect the key.
The room was lovely, nice setting and view was overlooking green hills, bathroom was a double sink with a shower, beds were very comfy too.
We took a walk out to the pool area which was also spectacular with palm trees and then a short walk down to the beach... WOW it was just like the carribean with clear green seas, quite windy as its a surfing beach and a large sandy beach which was beautiful and so tropical.
we then walked back and got our other room and settled in properly, we told WAFA that it was my youngest daughters 21st birthday and that is why we were there to celebrate it, she had mentioned a cake and stuff but that was not followed through with.
we took a long walk along the beach for about 40 mins and came to restaurants like Macdonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and local restaurants serving local foods. We settled for macdonalds as by this point we were exhausted but didn't contemplate the begging children that approached us wanting our drinks and food so be aware.
this hotel also charges a lot for drinks and the bad point was there was no local shop near by to buy any snacks or drinks as we were bed and breakfast only. we eventually did find one on the way back and found out that were not allowed to bring drinks or anything into the hotel from outside as you do get searched, which was annoying as were were peckish later and there was nothing on offer at the hotel apart from room service which charged extortant prices along with drinks. the mini bar with drinks is expensive too and only drank the water from them and found out that was also charged for.
The breakfast was ok, a large buffet with variety but waiters were usually rushed off there feet with demands, coffee and tea would take a while to come and the fresh juice would end up with little fruit flies in them.
the bread selection was on point but the cooked breakfast could do with some improvement, we filled up on croissants, bread and pastries... not good for the figure but hey were on holiday lol!
all in all a good experience, I would go back to Agadir but maybe not to this hotel.

Room Tip: level 3 is better but try and get pool views
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. We are sad that you have had a mixed opinion on your stay but hopefully you could come back to our hotel next time and enjoy it fully.

Wafa will be glad to hear from you.

Director Sofitel Agadir

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Dear Mr Maher, I hope you and all your staff at Sofitel, are all as well as can be! Thank you so much for the warm hospitality and personal welcoming from yourself, and all staff members at Sofitel Royal bay! Our 3rd stay with you in the space of 2 years! We absolutely cannot wait to come back again! :)“Amazing, beautiful, entertaining, child friendly and hospitable ”is just the beginning, and is very much understated! Special thanks to Sara Faddani in guest relations, for all her help and assistance, and welcoming us, as did the lovely Abdul Rahim! Every evening was a beautiful end to the day at the riad! Comfortable, relaxing, warm professional, yet very hospitable and steadfast service from Thami Bou, Issam Zarrit, Aznig el ghalia, Yasin, Mohamed , imad and all the other staff at the riad! Cocktails and tea, with a lovely Shisha was namely the least of what we had every evening, and it was perfected each time! Many thanks to everyone at la caravane restaurant! The food was to a fantastic standard at every meal, namely dinner, with a lovely variation! Special thanks to Azzedine Ghafraoui, Azzedine Ait Ouahman, oubourhim Brahmin and Fatima! We loved seeing all staff at every meal, they were extremely pleasant, helpful and the service was outstanding! Our room was beautiful and very spacious, to a very classy, authentic, yet trendy standard which was a great advantage, as we have two young children, under 4, and there was enough room for them to play indoors! Thank you Hannane for the lovely housekeeping and maintenance! Thank you Mouhsinns Asmer in reservations! A wonderful gentleman indeed! Lastly, thank you so much to everyone in concierge, namely Azziz who has always been most helpful and welcoming! Thank you Omar too.... ☺️ The weather was perfect, 27degrees most days, and the kids pool was nice and warm! Kids villa waa very much entertaining for my daughters, I almost joined in! ☺️ ! This trip felt as thought it was “home from home”, and 7 nights was just not enough! I highly recommend 10 nights to you! Thank you again for an amazing week, and time with you all! God bless!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
H5707, General Manager at Hotel Sofitel Agadir Royal Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this nice and thoughtful review. We will convey your feedback to our Heartists, they will be very glad, I am sure about it. We are delighted to read that you felt welcomed in our hotel.

Every one was pleased to welcome you and be helpful to you and your family. It is your home and we cannot wait to welcome you back in our beautiful hotel.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One of the most luxurious hotels in Agadir.

Great experience with good food and excellent service coming with it.

The lounge had the best hookah I ever smoked I highly recommend it !

Unfortunately The hotel is not on walking distance of the Agadir Marina and the city centre but with good bargain the Orange taxis will bring you estimated on 3/4 euros(personal experience).

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this really nice review. We will convey your feedback to our Heartists, they will be very pleased, I am sure about it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and was surprised by the fact that the staff was so rude to me as I was a single woman travelling on my own.

Firstly, I would just like to share with everyone that this is not a 5-star property and although it’s part of a western chain- too bad- if you are alone and female - they will treat you worse than a dog, although it’s a luxury chain.

I have arrived at the hotel and at the reception I was asked for my hotel voucher and was asked to pay for my stay (although prepaid) ... ??? And afterwards they asked me for 5,000 Mad authorisation , which is roughly £400...

On the morning I was supposed to depart I HAD TO WAIT FOR 30 MINUTES AND CAME DOWN TO RECEPTION 3 TIMES TO ASK FOR SOMEONE TO OPEN MY SAFE!!! I NEARLY LOST MY FLIGHT BACK HOME !!!

When the technician arrived he took the mic and looked like he did not care.
Sara from reception was very nice and kind- and this is the only positive comment of my stay. The room was nice but the personnel appalling !!! Especially the guys with the towels ???? They were trying to flirt with me and all F & B guys...

Even when ordering from the bar, the manager from the swimming pool bar area looked at me as I was a piece of shot because I ordered 1 alcoholic drink...

Sorry but you need to get new staff and I am definitely not coming back to your hotel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna M

Dear Anna,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. I am really sorry to read you did not enjoy your stay with us. If you want to, you can contact us anytime to talk this through.

Here is the email where you can contact us; H5707-AM@sofitel.com

Be assured that we will take actions for what happened.

Sara will be glad to hear from you.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future,