“Tres Jolie- a beautiful riad with wonderful staff”
Review of Riad Laayoun

and 1 more site!
Riad Laayoun
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed 11 January 2012

The place itself is a palace- gorgeous mosaic tiles, vibrant and open layout with lush plants inside and a relaxing rooftop terrace. But I'd say it's definitely the staff that make this place stand out. Jean-Claude and Simon instantly make you feel at home and after a loooong drive after our desert tour, we were happy to be spoiled with delicious pastries and mint tea. They're both very warm and welcoming and made my sister and I feel more than comfortable for our few days in Fez.

Morocco, while beautiful, can get a little exhausting with the constant chaos and hassling in the markets, so it's well worth looking for somewhere which is relaxing and can be a bit of a sanctuary to come home to. A really great stay and would definitely come back. My only regret was that I couldn't speak French so couldn't chat more to JC and Simo. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KirstyH_12

Reviewed 10 January 2012

This is not only the most lovely of riads - but Simo is the perfect host: thoughtful, charming, generous, friendly and helpful.
I can't imagine finding anywhere more wonderful to stay in Fes and if I returned to the city, I'd consider myself very lucky if they had space for me to pay a second visit.
My only criticism is that the en-suite bathroom in Suite Cannelle has no dividing walls or doors. The two rooms are separated: there's a long, curved staircase from the bedroom to the bathroom - but there's no real bathroom-privacy to be had.

Room Tip: The en-suite bathroom in Suite Cannelle has no dividing walls or doors. The two rooms are separated...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Riad in November for 13 nights. Our first night we were greeted by Jean Claude and Simo. We also had a a delicious dinner prepared by Rachida.

The next morning Simo helped gave us directions to the Medina and provided us with a map. We had a great time exploring the medina and on almost every night upon our return we were welcomed with a smiling face and some biscuits, tea or soup.

We stayed in the Paprika room. It was comfortable but a little small. The washroom was down the hall and there was always hot water. There was also wifi in the courtyard that worked so that was definitely a plus. For the last few nights of our stay we stayed in one of the suites and really loved the room. Don't forget to check out the rooftop terrace where the views are amazing!!

Overall we had an amazing stay and would definitely return the next time we visit Fes. Jean Claude and Simo are so hospitable...they really make you feel right at home.

Thanks you so much Jean Claude, Simo and Rachida for a trip that we will never forget!!!

Room Tip: Suites are more spacious. The Paprika room is on the small side but nice if you're not planning...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samee_g
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Had a wonderful stay at this Riad in October. Jean Claude and Rachida met us during our late arrival with the usual tea and snacks. Dinner was special ordered due to some of my allergies and Rachida prepared the tagine with all my requested ingredients - great meal.
Next morning JC arranged a 1/2 day tour of Fez with Fettah and it was excellent with the time retraints we imposed on him - we said no shopping and he was happy to comply with our request. They need to provide a better map for their riad guests to help in finding one's way around Fez and back to the riad.
Simo was extremely helpful to me and my brother during our entire stay - helped move luggage to and from Place Rcif and riad and provided essential logistical and tourist information. Price was right and would recommend this Riad for its location, courteous treatment, excellent accomodations and helpful staff. Great visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank marcape
Reviewed 3 November 2011

As requested I was met at the rail station, taken by taxi to the main square where Jean-Claude was waiting for me ready to accompany me to his Riad which I had chosen from Trip Advisor reviews. In the midst of the bustle and chaos of the medina, Jean-Claude, a first rate host, has created a wonderful, elegant, comfortable and tranquil guest house. A refreshing welcoming glass of mint tea, a climb to the panoramic rooftop terrace with big views over the medina rooftops, before descending to the Saffron room, mine for the night. Dinner was good and home cooked clearly using ingredients fresh from the market. There is wifi that works! The following morning with unnerving accuracy Simo pointed me to the section of the myriad of medina streets to allow me to do last minute shopping, before the taxi (arranged by the riad) took me comfortably to the airport. A thoroughly agreeable stay, Thanks to Jean-Claude and his enthusiastic team, I happily recommend Riad Laayoun to any discerning traveller

Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo