All reviewsjean claudesaffron suiterooftop terracethe ownerspecial placewe've stayeda wonderful place to staytrain stationfeel at homeold citysimovanillemedinamoroccotaxihearttouts
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

This Riad has been beautifully renovated and furnished. It is an absolute delight and respite from the busy streets outside and in the heart of everything you need to see in Fes. The roof top terrace where we ate breakfast each day has amazing views over the old city. We received an upgrade to a suite which was very spacious and the whole Riad has a large and airy feel to it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2017

I have stayed in 30 countries and no place compares to this Riad. The interior of this 4-story Riad is stunning. The rooftop terrace view of the medina is breathtaking and a fabulous breakfast setting. The location is close to many medina attractions and also close to taxis. Most astounding of all was "our man Friday" Simone. Fluent in English, French, and Arabic, he is interesting, knowledgeable, available and very helpful. Info about attractions, directions, help with luggage, finding your way in the medina, flagging down a cab. He even went to the train station to buy us tickets the day before we left!! And a superb breakfast on the roof terrace waiting for us every morn. Pastries, jam, honey, juice, coffee, cheeses. Doesn't get better. But hurry, a Saudi prince was interested in buying the Riad.

Room Tip: All are small but you have free rein of the central courtyard and balconies with sitting rooms, a library nook, etc.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2017

After spending dizzying days in the incredible Fez Medina, there is nothing more important than returning to a place like Riad Laayoun. It is warm, friendly and stepping through the door always feels like returning home. Simo and Jean-Claude go above and beyond to make everyone happy and comfortable and are both very charming. As a trip organizer, I always recommend Riad Laayoun to my clients and they love it and never want to leave. The rooms are well-decorated, showers are hot, and breakfast is very good. I miss Simo!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Fez is a magic place which now resides in my heart and imagination after a long stay there recently.

I was so fortunate to stay at Riad Laayoun. Proprietor Jean-Claude, his assistant Simo, and the masseuse Sanha, all took such good care of me. They were gracious, warm, and lovely. My room "Vanille" was clean, quiet and attractive. I was traveling solo so it was important that I feel at home and cared for. Try to book massages with Sanha who comes to the riad and has truly healing touch. Such a great way to get over jet lag!

Room Tip: Vanille and Canelle are the least expensive rooms and perfect for a solo traveler.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I have never been treated so well! Particularly the service of Simo was astounding and incredibly attentive and generous. I highly recommend staying here, you'll feel very comfortable as the staff will help you with anything you need. Especially if you're timid about being in a foreign place and a sometimes overwhelming feel of the Medina; the staff will help alleviate any need, worry, and in general help you in so many ways. The food was excellent; great breakfasts and other meals as you like. The rooms are comfortable and beautiful. The terrace absolutely lovely. I can't say enough good things about Riad Laayoun. Thanks Jean Claude, Simo and everyone else there who took such good care of us.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends