All reviewscasablanca suiteinterior gardenprivate hammamcooking classthe ownerorange treespastillaroof terracemint teafeel like familyhammam experienceevery morningatlas mountainsstayed longerbeautiful propertyvisit festile work
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The only place to stay in Fes. The riad was exquisite – the interior was gorgeous. Our room was huge with both a large soaking tub and shower. But aside from the place being a quiet oasis when you are in need of a break from the busy souks, the service was impeccable. From the front desk staff always willing to answer our questions, to the waiters in the restaurant, we felt genuinely welcomed. We did a cooking class with them that is a “not to be missed” experience – first getting a local’s view of buying supplies in the souk, and then later cooking authentic meals in the riad’s kitchen with their native cooks. The meals there were all delicious, as were the wines they served at dinner. We have some food allergies, and the hotel was meticulous about ensuring we only got things we could safely eat. We stayed only two days, yet by the time we left we felt like family. If we are ever so lucky as to visit Fes again, we wouldn’t dream of staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: We loved the Casablanca room! It was huge!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
filala, Réceptionniste at Ryad Alya, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

We would like to thank you very much for your valuable feedback and for your kind remarks regarding our staff, accommodation and services. It was a great pleasure to we welcome you to Ryad Alya. We are glad to learn that we did meet your expectations during your recent stay in our Riad. Hope to see you in our Riad next coming to Fes .
all the best and warm regards!
Riad Alya Team

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Felt unwell on arrival and was so relieved to get a warm welcome and a super-comfortable room. Small Ryad with truly personal service. I’ve managed to lose the paper with all their names, but I had specially asked for it as really wanted to give them all a shout out - front of house and meal service were brilliant. Rooms overlook a typical Moroccan courtyard with an orange tree and fountain. Breakfasts were served on the roof (not quite warm enough for supper when we were there) food was excellent and reasonably priced. Do book, you won’t regret it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
filala, Réceptionniste at Ryad Alya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

We would like to thank you very much for your nice feedback; it was a great pleasure to welcome you to Ryad Alya. Thanks for taking the time and sharing your impression with us and for your kind remarks regarding our staff, accommodation and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
All the best and warm regards!
Riad Alya Team !!

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of spending 4 nights at Ryad Alaya. From the moment we dragged ourselves in tired from 38 hrs of flying we felt looked after and welcomed. Nothing was too much trouble. We were greeted every morning with a broad smile and something else to try for our breakfast spread . Our days were filled with exploring the Medina and beyond thanks to fantastic guides who listened to what interested us. We loved our trip to the Middle Atlas Mountains most, despite the rain. After a big day we looked forward to a traditional Morrocan meal in the Ryad. The only change I would make is experiencing the Hamamm after one of our trips as it would have made for a wonderful nights rest. (We loved the Hamam experience but did it on our last day after checkout ) I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone unreservedly . Thank you to all the staff for being so lovely.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

all the best and warm regards!
Riad Alya Team

Reviewed 1 May 2018

The Ryad Alya is top notch. First of all, the ryad area is so beautiful, it's like being in a palace. The hostess Ahalam (So sorry for the mispelling!!) treated us like we were her family. Upon our arrival, she had the mint tea and cookies for us, and gave us a tour of the entire Ryad -- not just our room, but all the other rooms too! She took us to to the rooftop terrace and the view of Fes is unbelievable! So beautiful, and while we were up there, we were lucky enough to see a traditional wedding procession in the streets near the Ryad.

Ahalam seems to know the best people for the jobs that we needed. We wanted a licensed guide to show us around Fes, and she booked Mr. Azdin for us, and he was the best guide I think I've ever had, anywhere. Impeccable English, so knowledgeable, but oh so, so kind to my sister who has trouble walking. He stopped when we wanted to stopped, and let us design the type of tour we wanted. He was candid, and funny, and so proud to have been born in Fes, but mostly he was very patient, and kind. Best guide ever.

Ahalam also arranged a driver to take my sister and I to Chefchaouan one day. Again, she booked Mr. Haziz for us, and even though his English was a bit rough, (it was definitley more than my French!) he was an excellent driver in his Mercedes Van. He never drove crazy like some Moroccans, but was very safe, and made our 8 hours with him very pleasant.

I wanted to have another Hammam here, but they only do Hammam with 2 people, because they heat the room, and so it didn't work out for me to do Hammam here, but I did get a full body massage which was excellent. I highly recommend it.

We also had dinner here one night, and they made a vegetarian Pastilla, which was the best dish I had in all of Morocco! It was absolutely delicious, and I loved the breakfast here which was hearty, delicious, and different everyday. There was plenty of food -- all outstanding.

Ryad Alya is soooo beautiful inside -- the tile work, carved plaster, and fruit bearing orange trees in the garden area made me feel truly like being in a palace. Our room was beautifully appointed -- my sister thought the bed was a bit hard, but I like a hard bed, so I thought it was perfect. This Ryad had a room for us with 2 twin beds, which we prefer.

The location of this Ryad is also good -- walking distance to many things and the Fes Medina is easier to navigate than the Marrakech Medina. Be advised that taxis have to drop you off a short block from the Ryad, because it's located on a narrow street that is only foot traffic. This wasn't a big deal at all.

All the staff -- the waiters, the manager, and other front desk people were all so kind and helpful to us. 5 nights here was quite awhile, and I can say that I was really sad when we left, because they really did feel like family. I would highly recommend Ryad Alya and would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

We would like to thank you very much for your feedback. We have the pleasure that we welcome you in our Riad . We are glad to learn that we did meet your expectations during your recent stay in our Riad. Our guests' satisfaction is our priority and we are constantly working on the quality of the service provided. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon. Best Regards, Riad Alya Team!!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Public areas beautifully decorated. Staff very helpful and polite.
Breakfast was ok. Dinner tasty.

Hammam pleasant but not warm enough. Masseur was great.
The suite we had was a comfortable room except for the awfully hard pillows and had a bad night’s sleep because of it. However a change of pillows would make the biggest difference.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank breakfastfoody
filala, Réceptionniste at Ryad Alya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

We would like to thank you very much for your feedback and your kind remarks regarding our staff, accommodation and services. We are glad to learn that we did meet your expectations during your recent stay in our Riad. Our guests' satisfaction is our priority and we are constantly working on the quality of the service provided. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon you and your friends .
Best Regards, Riad Alya Team!!