“Guestsnot clients”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Moroccan Cuisine
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Prior to arriving at the Riad we received a three page outline describing what we could expect and how to arrive in Fez. The information proved to be most helpful. It was typical of the care extended to us by Reibel and his brother Daniel and the rest of the staff of the Riad. When it was obvious that walking up to the top floor was challenging we were offered a room on the second floor. No extra charge. Ordering a top notch guide, discussing what to see and what to be wary of in the Medina were all part of the five star service we received.
Their restaurant served us an excellent dinner. Their inclusive Moroccan breakfast comes complete with choice of omelette. . As we have more stops in Morocco we realize that we likely have hit the highlight of our accommodation experience.
Chatting with Reibel as we were leaving he made it clear that we were his guests and not merely his clients.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Some of the best dinners I've had in a very long time. Don't miss the Moroccan appetizers - which reminds me, I meant to ask for the recipes for those but forgot to get the before I checked out...

Reviewed 20 April 2018

The food isn't cheap for local standards, but it is definitely worth it. I recommend the cous cous with lamb. The lamb was literally falling off the bone and absolutely delicious. The local wine from Meknes was also surprisingly good.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I had my first dinner in Fes at Riad Andalib. I had just checked into my riad (not this one, somewhere much cheaper and much more confusingly located) and needed something close for dinner since I didn't enjoy venturing out in the evening. A bit of an awkward experience, as I was the only diner (and solo) in the restaurant for almost the entirety of my meal. As such service was all over me, it's a posh place. Maybe too fancy for little old me and my muddy sneakers.

Food-wise, I enjoyed both my meal options. More than you'll pay at other places by a long shot, but not expensive by Europe standards. I did find my dishes overly sweet, but that may be the style of the cuisine rather than any fault of the kitchen. The courtyard you're dining in is lovely. The water features provide an ambient backdrop to complement the clink of my cutlery. The portions are huge - too huge. Worth wait you pay for but the atmosphere was a bit lacking after a while.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Two minutes from the gate at the bottom of the Fes medina sits Riad Andalib, next to a small wooded courtyard. Its owner Reibal Idrissi completely renovated this family riad and the dining courtyard shows his passion and care. The staff is tenured and quite attentive. We ate there twice, having a range of dishes each time, and were very pleased without exception. The first visit we had the pastille, a flaky pastry filled with chicken and subtle spices, lightly dusted with sugar. The chicken was moist and flavorful. The dinner starts with fresh, warm bread and complementary salads: smoked eggplant, fennel salad and a ratatouille-like mixture of sauteed peppers, onions and vegetables. The second visit we had the brochettes, chicken and kefta, both well seasoned and perfectly cooked and moist. The desert, a set of alternating layers of cream and pastry, was heavenly. On cool nights they have heaters, which keep you warm without obstructing the beautiful courtyard. The staff is well trained and discreet. We had special requests on certain dishes and they did not hesitate to accomodate us.