Riad Dar Guennoun
  • Pool
US$191
US$119
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

US$161
US$150
Riad Tayba(Fes)(Great Value!)
US$42
Dar Tahrya(Fes)(Great Value!)
US$32
  • Breakfast included
Riad Tizwa Fes(Fes)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$39
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$49/night.

Riad Jamai(Fes)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$216
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsarranged dinnercleaning staffoverlooking feztagineroof terracereally enjoyed our stay heretraditional moroccan houseevery morningmiddle atlasopened the doorriad darour honeymoonfeel like familyguided tourvisit festaxi driverthe ground floor
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We did enjoy our stay in riad Dar Guennoun very much. Nice furniture, very good breakfast and a helpful host (Saïd). It was really a pleasure to stay here. Saïd arranged very nice trips for us. We did a guided tour through the medina and an tour to the midatlas (incl. horseriding, snowexperience in Ifrane, apes visit etc. )

Room Tip: the suites are marvelous
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days and it was great. Very nice and helpful people, clean rooms and good breakfast. It is located in the old part of the Medina and it is only a small walk to the center of the Medina.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank chrisreemer
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I surprised my dad for his birthday with a trip to Morocco. Considering the great reviews for this Riad, I trusted it would be a wonderful place worth spending so much of my savings. The first impression was great. The Riad is stunning, typically Moroccan and it felt like I made the right decision. But it got worse and worse everyday. I didn't complain and tried to stay as positive as possible so my dad wouldn't be as sad and upset as I was. Here is a sum-up of my experience.
Bare in mind that maybe, because it was low season and the ownership has changed recently, the employees couldn't care less and that the whole experience could be different in high season with more staff and the owners more present.

- A lot of dust in the cumpboard (cleaned when asked),
- The wall on top of my bed was entirely covered with a brown liquid that dried. Maybe a pipe leak (I hope not though!). I asked if it could be cleaned but they never did. (SEE PHOTOS)
- Fool smell from the pipes in the bathroom (just behind the disgusting wall)
- Toilet seat and flush broken (SEE PHOTOS)
- Guided tour suggested by the riad is a scam. It isn't a cultural visit at all. You only visit shops where you're almost forced to buy stuff you don't want.
- Suite Miriam extremely noisy. Only a glass door between the room and the lobby. On the last night, a taxi driver had the wrong adress and banged at the door knocker for 10 minutes before I got out of my room to open the main door. The staff member on the night shift was sound asleep on the couch where guests have their breakfast in the morning. His colleague was awake upstairs and shooted his name to wake him up.
- Dairy products 7 days from expiry date. Put out of the fridge and in again if not eaten.
- The lady in charge of the cleaning and the breakfast was the only lovely staff.
- Shockingly cold (january). Only one gaz heater, just enough for one table. At breakfast, the other customers are left to freeze.
- Mandatory fire alarm out of battery in the suite.

Again, I can only assume we got unlucky. I hope the new owner will solve this asap.

Room Tip: Avoid the Miriam Suite at all cost. Avoid Riad Dar Guennoun
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Everything about this Riad is lovely. The staff were extremely accommodating and friendly. Breakfast is well done, plentiful and the coffee good. Especially when you can enjoy it on the roof terrace.

The only drawback to the Mariam Suite is that it has zero privacy from the lobby. The room is lovely, but the windows & door open to the lobby. On one night of our 3 night stay, a group of guests brought dinner to the lobby and had loud conversations - pretty much next to our pillows. It also meant we couldn't have conversations knowing people in the lobby could hear us.

Room Tip: I'd pass on the Mariam Suite if you are a light sleeper or need privacy from the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We (my wife and I and two adult children) stayed at this Riad for a week. Our choice was based on Trip Advisor reviews which we found were sadly out of date. The owners are no longer Juliet and Abdul and it seems they have n't been the owners for more than a year. We did not see the new owner.

The Riad is rather dark and gloomy and the toilet in the one of the rooms we used had loose seat which kept falling off. This was repaired by the staff later on and they changed the room for us. We did find that in the morning, hot water was not always available.

Having said all this, I could not fault any of the staff including the cooking and cleaning staff. Both Hisham and Amin could n't do enough for us. The breakfast was always excellent and having it on the balcony was extremely enjoyable along with the lovely view.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family