US$139
  • Pool
US$161
US$117
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$189
US$85
US$60
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

US$75
US$73
US$50
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$61/night.

US$177
US$166
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

US$128
US$120
Hotels.com
US$1,229
US$186
Priceline
Savings alert! 57% below average rates

The price you found is 57% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$435/night.

All reviewsblue gatedorm roomold citymaxtaxi
Reviewed 1 December 2015

After a long 8 hour drive over the Atlas mountains from Marrakesh, I arrived into the hustle and bustle of Fes El-Bali at night, and quite tired. I was instantly greeted by a friendly Australian chap, Max, who straight away made me feel at home and even gave me a beer. During our stay Max cooked some great breakfasts, drew some home-made maps of good cafes and locations, and was enthusiastic to talk about the town and offer up tips.

The hotel itself is centrally located in the old town yet quiet (ignoring the calls to prayer from the many local mosques). The rooms are simple yet authentic feeling. A bargain. Max and his wife, Kawtar, provide an authentic Moroccan feel with the safe, reassuring feeling of also being at home.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

My friend and I stayed for four nights and it felt like leaving our family when our holiday came to an end. Max is such a great guy. He jumped to our rescue when we called the Dar at a point when we were being hassled by a ferocious aggressive tout. Max was really helpful with tips for navigating the medina and gave us some great recommendations for places to eat. The Dar is beautiful and great care has clearly been made restoring it with original features. We stayed in room 6 which was a good size for two friends. The room was cleaned and towels changed daily. The only slight comment I had is that there was not a hairdryer. Saying that I didn't ask if there was one available from an empty room. Breakfast was hearty and very much set us up for diving into some medina shopping. I would absolutely recommend staying here when in Fez.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank DestinationLC
Reviewed 27 June 2015

We were 4 days here echoing everyone elses praises.Location is perfect,advise,and company of Max and Kawtar very pleasant.Had to really stir ourselves to go out as it is so comfortable inside.Thanks for very relaxing stay.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maya M
Reviewed 9 June 2015

I stayed here during the 10 day long Fes World Sacred Music Festival. The location made life easier as I could get to all the festival venues and other sights of Fes on foot. This place even organized a day trip to Mid-Atlas.
The room was spacious, hot-water in the shower and decorated in local flavor and of course prompt cleaning and making beds.
The best part of the stay was interacting with the lovely couple who run this place - nice, friendly, gentle, polite and very accommodative. Max the Aussie made a detailed hand-drawn map of the environs on my very first morning, even b4 I was ready and asked for it, and that really helped in getting oriented in that mind-boggling Medina. His filling breakfast would carry me thru to the evenings. His graceful Moroccan wife and him were always open for any queries I might throw at. I certainly would recommend this place for anyone looking to have a friendly breakfast-time and comfort on all fronts.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2015

Our stay in Dar Iman was simply wonderful. The owners, Max and Kawtar, made our first visit to Fes unforgettable. The riad itself is a typical riad, very pretty, tiling, roomy, ect. The shower was always good which is a change from other riads I have stayed in. Roof terrace was very nice to relax on at the end of the day. Max was so helpful and really became part of our everyday experience, we would wake up and ask him what to do, and he would give us ideas for walks, places to eat and generally converse with us over breakfast. He loves Fes and knows so much about it. The value for money at this riad is amazing. The rooms are lovely, the breakfast simple and traditional, cooked by Max each morning and very nice. I could not recommend staying here enough. We will definitely be back and are looking forward to it very much. Thank you so much Max and Kawtar!

Room Tip: The two rooms I saw during my stay were both lovely; the room on the ground floor is very nice, can sleep three but nice for a couple as well.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends