Riad Tawargit
Riad Yara(Marrakech)
Riad Basma(Marrakech)
Riad Dar Najat(Marrakech)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastprivate balconybusy medinamint teaquiet locationminutes walk from the mainmain squarefirst floortop floorvisit marrakechan oasis of calmsun loungersevery morningroof terracejacuzzidoorbellsouks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2016

I organised a short break with my mum for New Year as we wanted a bit of sun and to do something a bit different. We really loved our stay at Riad Tawargit it's location is perfect right in the middle of the medina near the Souks and main square but it is an oasis of calm in the craziness outside. The Riad is a great mix of contemporary rooms in a Moroccan style within a traditional setting with nice areas to eat and chill in the evening. The staff were all lovely - enthusiastic, friendly, genuinely hospitable and very helpful with all our needs - nothing was too much trouble.
I would definitely recommend eating at the Riad a few nights the food was really good and was nice to just stay in and enjoy the homely atmosphere. Our first night of arrival the staff organised a dinner reservation at a recommended restaurant and that turned out to be one of our best nights out.
I would also recommend having a massage or beauty treatment it's done in your room which is really relaxing and my massage was one of the best I've had.
Both myself and my mum had a brilliant time in Marrakech we loved the city and this was helped by the fantastic accommodation and the lovely staff at the Riad.

Room Tip: Suites at the top are more private or ask for a standard room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

I surprised my wife with a fantastic four days away in Marrakesh. She actually thought she was going to London until I gave her the boarding pass.

After being lead down a dark alley in a foreign country with a strange airport transport driver, we were pleasantly surprised as we entered. The world outside ends at the door and new more peaceful and pleasant world begins.

The staff at the Riad Tawargit were fantastic and helpful
We were tired after a delayed flight and were instantly made to feel at home with hot brew of traditional mint tea and some cakes. They provided a delightful continental breakfast every morning and helped us organise our tour of the three valleys and falls.

The hotels location once mastered is actually pretty easy to find. Just turn right after cafe de France (on your right) via the main square, then walk straight baring right and turn left when you see the no entry sign, the hotel is further on along on you left. It will take 10 min to get to the square and souks and also 10 min to the palaces and Jewish quarter.

Enjoy and I promise you will stay again. At least I hope to.

Kash.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2015

In one word: beautiful, never expected so nice riad. A pearl in the medina, near the souks and to the Djemaa el Fna square.
The staff was very friendly. Breakfast and dinner excelent. The room was clean and the bed was very good. There is no tv or radio in the room. We did'nt miss it.
We will come back in this riad!!!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2015

This Riad is the best place to stay in the Old Medina! It is a magical experience as you will enjoy your stay in a traditional little Moroccan palace with modern design. The service is absolutely splendid: super kind, welcoming and helpful. The rooms are very spacious, clean and nicely decorated. You will feel immediately at home and I can't wait to go back one day!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2015

The Riad was lovely, clean, and had lovely staff.
The roof terrace was lovely and got some good sun.

The meal on our first night was amazing. Best meal I had during my stay. The staff were extremely helpful.
The breakfasts were hearty and delicious.
Our rooms were on the first floor surrounding the court yard (classic rooms) If you want complete seclusion you may want the rooms accessed by the roof terrace.

Within 10 minutes walk to the medina. A good location.
A big thumbs up.