“An experience not to be missed! The perfect Moroccon evening!”
Review of Dar Marjana

Dar Marjana
Ranked #106 of 979 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Terrasse located in the famous house of Dar Marjana in the middle of the medina. Our chef proposed you a Moroccan modern cuisine combined with wines selections and cocktails.
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I booked a reservation here for my husband, me, and our daughter on our visit to Marrakech after reading a review of this restaurant on Gwynneth Paltrow's lifestyle blog, Goop, and it exceeded our expectations in every way! It's conveniently located in the city's historic medina where we were staying and was within walking distance of our riad, although the riad offered to drive us both ways which was very convenient! The entrance is very unassuming, but as soon as we stepped out of the car, there were greeters waiting outside for us. One of them led us down a romantic candlelit corridor (the visual of this was like being in the movie, Casablanca) into what can only be described as a hidden garden oasis! The restaurant is like a magical courtyard with palm trees, a water fountain, flowers, twinkling lights, and the most tables covered with white fabric tablecloths, pillow covered couches and the most welcoming men in luxurious red uniforms. Once we were seated they brought a beautiful gold hand washing kettle and basin that they used to perform a hand washing ritual.They carefully spelled our names out in red sequins on the white tablecloth and then brought little bowls of traditional Moroccan snacks. The detail and presentation in the meal service is beyond anything we could have imagined. We had the most delicious dinner which is served in courses and seemed to just keep coming until we couldn't eat another bite! Among our favorite dishes were pigeon pie, lamb tangline, and the yummiest fried dessert that they pour milk over (sorry I can't remember what it's called). After dinner the entertainment includes live Moroccan music and belly dancers and they make a point to involve each table, coming to dance with anyone who wants to join in and even pulling you up from table to join them. The waiters are warm and funny and engaging and bend over backwards to attend to your every need! The whole experience is so fun! The owner also made a point to visit each table and chat with all the diners. The are great about posing for photos with you too! We loved everything about our evening at Dar Marjana and it made our trip complete!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

This is a small restaurant with a fun floor show. The food is good, and the music outstanding. A fun night out with friends or loved ones

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Terrible service, took forever to get our food and staff were frankly bizarre. I am native English and speak decent French and yet it was a nightmare to communicate with staff who were ill-trained and disinterested. It is a shame as the venue itself is fine with talented musicians. I would strongly recommend you avoid as my friend and I had a horrible experience at this restaurant. We also had to ask for the bill several times to make the horrible experience end which adds insult to injury.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I was looking for somewhere exceptional to eat for my last night in Marrakech and the manager of Bliss Riad (Where I was staying) highly recommended me to go here.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a traditionally dressed guy with a lantern and taken into the restaurant.
We had drinks and appetisers during which we made acquaintance with the owner Mme Kenza. We talked, she explained the history behind the restaurant and then gave us a personal visit of the absolutely beautiful building.
We returned to our table and we served the best food I had in Marrakech during my stay.
During the meal the floor show started, belly dancing :) and a Malian dancer accompanied by live musicians.
Mme Kenza joined us at our table and offered us the most delicious and light desert I’ve ever eaten. Omg!!!
I totally recommend the Dar Marjana and thank the owner Mme Kenza for making my last night an unforgettable experience. Many thanks also to the waiters, they were just great and made us feel so at home and welcome!!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

It's almost like two different places -- downstairs with indifferent service, cheesy floor show and dull decor, and the lovely terrasse with frlendly service and a clever menu. Try the gazpacho and figue dessert. Nice even on a cold night, would be wonderful in the summer. Great place for a wine in that neighborhood.