“ Great food”

Dar Marjana
Ranked #109 of 1,057 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Terrasse located in the famous house of Dar Marjana in the middle of the medina. Our chef proposed you a Moroccan modern cuisine combined with wines selections and cocktails.
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We have just returned to Riad Ambres St Epices which is only a short walk away from this lovely restaurant.
Although it is a quiet winter evening efforts had been made to warm the atmosphere with dinners in an intimate side room off the main room. The low lights and musician playing in the background set a romantic scene.
The best part however was the food which was delicious. We had beef kefta with eggs and unusually for me i mopped up even the juices left in the tagine. This was followed by very light pancakes and Moroccan biscuits which were very light and i particularly liked.
Service was a little theatrical but good. Would I eat there again? If I return to Marrakesh I surely will.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Fabulous evening best looked upon as an experience from start to finish. Food brilliant, entertainment, genuine Moroccan surroundings. Price is complete package including wine.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I booked a reservation here for my husband, me, and our daughter on our visit to Marrakech after reading a review of this restaurant on Gwynneth Paltrow's lifestyle blog, Goop, and it exceeded our expectations in every way! It's conveniently located in the city's historic medina where we were staying and was within walking distance of our riad, although the riad offered to drive us both ways which was very convenient! The entrance is very unassuming, but as soon as we stepped out of the car, there were greeters waiting outside for us. One of them led us down a romantic candlelit corridor (the visual of this was like being in the movie, Casablanca) into what can only be described as a hidden garden oasis! The restaurant is like a magical courtyard with palm trees, a water fountain, flowers, twinkling lights, and the most tables covered with white fabric tablecloths, pillow covered couches and the most welcoming men in luxurious red uniforms. Once we were seated they brought a beautiful gold hand washing kettle and basin that they used to perform a hand washing ritual.They carefully spelled our names out in red sequins on the white tablecloth and then brought little bowls of traditional Moroccan snacks. The detail and presentation in the meal service is beyond anything we could have imagined. We had the most delicious dinner which is served in courses and seemed to just keep coming until we couldn't eat another bite! Among our favorite dishes were pigeon pie, lamb tangline, and the yummiest fried dessert that they pour milk over (sorry I can't remember what it's called). After dinner the entertainment includes live Moroccan music and belly dancers and they make a point to involve each table, coming to dance with anyone who wants to join in and even pulling you up from table to join them. The waiters are warm and funny and engaging and bend over backwards to attend to your every need! The whole experience is so fun! The owner also made a point to visit each table and chat with all the diners. The are great about posing for photos with you too! We loved everything about our evening at Dar Marjana and it made our trip complete!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 28 December 2017

This is a small restaurant with a fun floor show. The food is good, and the music outstanding. A fun night out with friends or loved ones

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Terrible service, took forever to get our food and staff were frankly bizarre. I am native English and speak decent French and yet it was a nightmare to communicate with staff who were ill-trained and disinterested. It is a shame as the venue itself is fine with talented musicians. I would strongly recommend you avoid as my friend and I had a horrible experience at this restaurant. We also had to ask for the bill several times to make the horrible experience end which adds insult to injury.

Date of visit: December 2017