“Amazing food and atmosphere ”

Restaurant du Red House
Ranked #28 of 1,007 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$28 - US$41
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Recommeded by Gault Millau, the restaurant of THE RED HOUSE invite you to enjoy some truly fine dishes, the very best Moroccan cuisine.You can also enjoy the traditional and authenticity decor. Every night, you can appreciate the show of belly dancer and life musicians. The restaurant is open from 11:00 to 15:00 and from 19:00 to 23:30.
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant as it was close to our hotel and it was fantastic. The atmosphere and decor where magnificent, and the food did not disappoint. We each had starters, mains and desserts-everything was delicious. I ordered the seafood tagine and the waiter made an error and brought me the chicken instead. He offered to make me a new meal but we arrived late so I accepted the chicken. It turned out to be a great mistake because we all thought it was the best chicken we had ever tasted.

Our only complaint was the wine. There was not a lot of options and the waiters were unable to make recommendations or allow us to try a glass or a sip before purchasing a bottle. I actually forgot to take photos of the food because it was so delicious we ate straight away. Otherwise, it was a perfect evening.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This amazing restaurant just outside the walls was the highlight of our time in Marrakesh! The architecture and ambience are both exceptional!
The food was delicious; the regional soup was absolutely delicious and the chef very kindly wrote down the recipe for me!The prune and lamb tagine was also delicious. The staff couldn't do enough for us and offered a warm, friendly and professional service! A great evening out and very reasonably priced too. I was given complimentary coffee and cake which was very nice. The local musician and music added to the ambience.

1  Thank Jacqui H
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Our last evening in Marrakech and chose the restaurant for location just 10 minutes walk from our hotel and the individual style and mix of cuisine. We had a warm welcome and service throughout was friendly and attentive. My partner chose the Moroccan menu and I the European both my starter and main were excellent. The John Dory was lovely. My partner enjoyed his starter and his traditional lamb tajine with a side of couscous. We had an amuse bouche to start and a selection of accompaniments to our bread. We were advised about the Moroccan wine which was very good.We had a very nice dry rose which was reasonably price. Well worth a visit for a good dining experience.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the posh hotel district as we were attending a conference, and were dismayed at the dire choices in this area. Either poorly rated or western fare, or overly pretentious. Except this place... we saw it on TA and decided to give it a go. It's certainly deserving of its high ranking in Marrakech!
Housed in a beautiful old mansion just out side the old city walls, the soft lighting is joined by some amazing traditional Moroccan decor, beautiful tiling and awesome spacious dining area. The waiting staff were polite and attentive. There's good alcohol choices, and a fantastic selection of local dishes to try.
The restaurant supplied an appetiser to whet the palette, along with a selection of breads and artisan butter, olive tapenade, and humus. I started with the traditional soup, which was and awesome mix of flavours, strong with olives and veggies, and was a massive serving!
Next was a delicious lamb tagine for mains, with a great mix of sweetness from fruits accompanying the succulant lamb shank. Perfect!
Alas, there was no room for dessert! But the local beers went down well, and the soundtrack provided by the oud player created the perfect ambiance.
A truly great place and I highly recommend!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We pre-booked a table via our hotel. I had the seafood puff pastry for starter and the John Dory fish for main which was beautifully cooked.

the reason I have given 4* rather than 5* is due to the service. At the beginning we had to ask for things several times. I got fed up with this and spoke to the Maître De who sorted the service out immediately and offered complementary drinks at the end of the meal.

However he should not have needed to do this in the first place